Quantcast

$$$ So you slept in saturday $$$

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
slept short, but like a rock. Don't know what that means, I don't mind just waking up and being ready for the day, even if I'd rather have slept for 10h

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Solid 8 hrs of sleep.
Nice out. Will go for a ride later and prepare the hallway for the dreaded sanding step.

I think I'm done with winter.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I managed a solid 7.5 hours of sleep; work refreshed and am off and running. Oldest is at her Confirmation retreat and the youngest is about to leave for a gymnastics meet in Oneonta. Should get back in time for church with the oldest and then dinner. Mo-uber is all warmed and ready for the day!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Slept like garbage. Been awake (mostly) since about 230. Finally fell back asleep and was awoken by kids screaming due to them being assholes to each other.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Bugs were not bad at all, @SkaredShtles just the usual few in the bathrooms around the drains. The exterminators just must have much better eyes than me—again, ignorance is bliss.

Anyway, skiing today. Aya has a private lesson so wife and I will have adult-skiing time.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Slept like shit, woke up with a scream'n headache. 37 degrees, so having some coffee & food. Getting ready to load up the bike and head to Napa for a little bike riding, then food & beer after.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Departing for a ride, had to bust out the spare water bottle holder.

If my plan works out and the trails are packed down enough, this should be a fun ride. Do have to ride a long a few short sections of nordic trail though, hopefully there are no grumpy skiers out there...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
work van is getting a new windshield and I need to go pick it up around noon. Gonna bike the 20 miles over to the shop to get it. WIN

but first espresso and tend to the sourdough starter mix (third feeding of the yeast) so I can bake some bread this afternoon

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
some charity bike type place on ebay has a storm cycles cornerworker up for grabs....1800+.....

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
:wave:

Going to be 70 today. Pretty excited. But since this is the first warmth the frost is making a hell of a mess.
Also glad to see lumber prices have came down. Jesus fucking Christ :twitch:View attachment 172979
Tell me about it. I just paid for 2x6s to frame in a 80 x 14 wall, four 30 x 14 walls and hang an 80 x 36 ceiling. Purchased direct from the mill with an employee discount and the sticker shock still literally upset my stomach.

Last day of pruning today. Might allow myself to ride the bike…next week.

At least no one is shooting at or shelling us.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Go-karts this morning with the girls. Since MIL1 will be paying me for selling the condo, I finally agreed to Wifey redoing the countertops accordingly.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife just spent 3 1/2 hours on the phone with United trying to fix mistakes they had made with a booking yesterday. Her bookings still aren't correct and the phone call was cut off.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Was feeling pretty bruised and tight yesterday evening after my little crash, especially neck and arms, so had a good old stretch and some light weight and resistance work plus a couple more beers. Seems to have worked, neck and range of motion appear good on waking today, but got a bigger than expected bruise on my right forearm and thigh it turns out. Also a bunch of small bruises on my hands and elbows. Funny how you don’t notice some of this stuff until hours later. Still, got off pretty lightly I think, hooray for armour.

House chores today, got some shelves to put up, maybe I’ll get into the bike clean. Not looking forward to washing all that sealant out though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Holy random shit. Just ran into a friend from college at karting. She lives in Glenwood Springs and is in Denver for her step-son's hockey tournament.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Do you not have a preventer like (/checks my own) Symbicort? Actually a preventer and reliver in one. Works really well for me.
I take Advair 2x daily, Singulair 1x daily and Proair HFA before exercise. On top of all that I take a bunch of other meds to help control the allergies (including four injections a month). Today was just a bad day. The weather is all over the place and things are starting to bloom a bit and it just caught me off guard I think and I probably should have taken more Proair (Dr. approved this). Things are usually pretty well-controlled, but on today’s ride…..not so much.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I take Advair 2x daily, Singulair 1x daily and Proair HFA before exercise. On top of all that I take a bunch of other meds to help control the allergies (including four injections a month). Today was just a bad day. The weather is all over the place and things are starting to bloom a bit and it just caught me off guard I think and I probably should have taken more Proair (Dr. approved this). Things are usually pretty well-controlled, but on today’s ride…..not so much.
Oh, sorry dude. Yours sounds a lot worse than mine. On what I believe is an associated subject, I used to get hay fever really badly. However, a few years ago after having really bad gastro issues for a bit I started taking quality pro-biotics and paying more attention to my diet; choosing higher fibre stuff, good gut health stuff in general (I love kimchi for example, kimchi noodles ftw) and I kept it up. It did help my guts somewhat when the beers didn’t blow through it, but the next summer, my hay fever (which I had since childhood) was way better. I don’t have scientific proof of a correlation but gut health is highly related to immune system behaviour now in a variety of situations. I’ve kept this up and I am almost hay fever free now and my asthma is better too, despite living with three fucking cats.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Tell me about it. I just paid for 2x6s to frame in a 80 x 14 wall, four 30 x 14 walls and hang an 80 x 36 ceiling. Purchased direct from the mill with an employee discount and the sticker shock still literally upset my stomach.

Last day of pruning today. Might allow myself to ride the bike…next week.

At least no one is shooting at or shelling us.
5CF5DC8A-032F-4948-81A2-456C30ABDDD1.gif