Quantcast

So you think tearing up that credit card application is enough?

J

JRB

I saw that yesterday. I eat mine.

OK - not really - you could probably screw me pretty bad. I wonder how frequently the CC companies settle suits with people for f'n them with unsolicited mail, using personal info. I'll bet the number is huge.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I've been in the habit of tearing the application up and sending it back to them in their envelope. Figure might as well ding them for the postage. I was going to start putting sand and rubber cement to gum up their mail openers..... but then decided having some government agency after me might not be so cool.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I cut mine into 27&1/2 pieces. I then proceed to put one piece in one bag of garbage. example: one in the recyling bag, one in the paper good, one in the reg trash. if i dont use 27 bags of garbage i bring some of the pieces to work and throw them out there. I doubt anyone is going to find all the pieces at the garbage dump. the remaining 1/2 piece i keep for the memories

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I use mine to start my yard waste burn pile in the back yard. They work rather well and I know they are better off there. I have a paper bag full of all the stuff that has personal info on. I used to shred it, but my shreder died last year.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
DRB said:
I've been in the habit of tearing the application up and sending it back to them in their envelope. Figure might as well ding them for the postage. I was going to start putting sand and rubber cement to gum up their mail openers..... but then decided having some government agency after me might not be so cool.
my boy does something similar.. buuuuttt since they pay postage by weight.. he proceeds to STUFF as much newspaper into the envelopes and humanly possible and drops em in the blue boxes :rofl:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i take mine to work on a monthly basis. we have a huge shred bin that we put all of the sensitive info in. saves me the trouble of wasting my time shredding everything and it is guaranteed to be illegible after they're done with it ;)

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
fiddy_ryder said:
my boy does something similar.. buuuuttt since they pay postage by weight.. he proceeds to STUFF as much newspaper into the envelopes and humanly possible and drops em in the blue boxes :rofl:
freakin brilliant!!