Quantcast

SoapStone Mt, CT

splat

Nam I am
Todays ride was at Soapstome Mt in CT.

the players were , Me , berkshire_rider, TurnerGrl, Iare Baboon, MtBikerChk and TonyHawk.

TrunerGrl Starts it off by doing a roller

Tony hawk goes up the roller.

TonyHawk and another roller , we all did this several time on the one time I tried to see if I could dtop on it , I couldn't and crashed trying to.

Berkshire_rider on a Roller bridge.

Me same bridge,

TonyHawk on yet another rocky roller .

TurnerGrl get a little air.

MBC plays with a rocky roll

MBC again

Found this new fresh cut trail had a couple of Armoured areas , IAB on one , this trail was fun.

Berkshire rider in a chute

Tuner Grl , same chute

Turner Grl , skinny Bridge ,

IAB the other end of Same Bridge

IAB trying to ridea skinny that is falling apart , this had carnage written all over it!
But he stayed dry

TonyHawk on New Skinny over what isusually wet

IAB on the old ( but repaired ) one.

IAB and MBC riding along as we finish up and are on our way out!

It was an awesome ride :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Nice pics, Splat! :thumb: Man am I tired. You'd think 10 miles in 3.5 hours wouldn't be that draining...

My pics... :)

Splat on a roller

tonyhawk on the same spot

berkshire_rider trying to go up it ass backwards with so-so results. :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
TurnerGrl hitting the jump. This is the same time as the pic splat posted, but different angle. Hey splat, where the pic of me hitting this??

berkshire_rider hitting it too, but I was zoomed in too closely.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Spalt rolled the ladder bridge in the background, but the thoughtless s.o.b. did it before I had a chance to get situated with the camera.

berkshire_rider on the bridge.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
tonyhawk

Last pic...the monkey peleton!
MBC, berkshire_rider, Splat, TurnerGrl

What a great ride and a great day. Sunny and 66 degrees. And we got to hook up with a new riding partner in TurnerGrl! :) Bummer that Dalton Doug and MMcG couldn't make it, but hopefully they'll be there next time.

Beer time for me.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I took 50 pics, but a lot of them are the same ones as above, just a different monkey in the pic. If you guys (from the ride) want to see them, let me know and I'll throw some up.

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Thanks for letting me, Jake & Hannah (trail dogs!) join up! That was a blast :dancing:

IAB, if you feel like posting any more pics, I certainly wouldn't object!

Looking forward to getting out with y'all again soon.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
as usuall, right on guys, and grls!:thumb:

Manhattan and I are getting some good trail building in, and I like the bridges in your shots, it always gives me (the woodworker) ideas!

thanks again!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
TurnerGrl said:
Thanks for letting me, Jake & Hannah (trail dogs!) join up! That was a blast :dancing:

IAB, if you feel like posting any more pics, I certainly wouldn't object!

Looking forward to getting out with y'all again soon.
OK, more pics it is. :)

TurnerGrl sequence #2: Over the rocks, down the rocks.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
great ride everyone! too bad we don't have any helmet-cam footage from the long rocky downhill - I can't wait to hit that trail again.

splat

Nam I am
Here is the GPS of what we did . we started at the bottom , the other mark is to mark a the new trail that was just cut. Looking at this I see a couple of turns I'm sure we should have made. and it even looks like that dead end that was at the bottom og the down hill , if we kept going ( illegally ) there would havebeen a cut off a little farther up

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
What downhill are you talking about.???. how close to the bridge you were saying was in need of repair .???. you could go ride in that area every weekend for a summer and always be on new stuff.....

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
ktmsx said:
What downhill are you talking about.???. how close to the bridge you were saying was in need of repair .???. you could go ride in that area every weekend for a summer and always be on new stuff.....
Just left of where the yellow lines cross on the gps map, near the 632' marker and "state forest" reference. It ended at the bottom of a hill with clearly marked "No Tresspassing signs". :mumble:

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
Some of our club members are working on a trail around his property only 19 acres....He still lets us put the enduro through there though..??...pretty cool to see your guys pics there only two I am not sure of where they are...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Damn, we were headed straight toward the cars when we hit that dead end. And all we had to do to avoid that climb was to get left! :rofl:

Why is someone living in the middle of a state forest? Does the Unabomber live out there or something?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
MtnBikerChk said:
Ellington - maybe 2.5 hours?

Hmmm. We drove about two to get to Stewart to ride with Stosh...

I'm going to google Ellington. I'm originially from Fairfield county (for what thats worth)

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
There is no house on his propery ..there are a couple close ..at the end of the pavement..that is actually a legal dirt road just a little past his signs you can only make it with a good 4X4...if you go through his property and follow the trail there is some real good stuff going back to your cars...a spot we call "the waterfall" talk about a long hill.....BIG ROCKS ..

splat

Nam I am
ktmsx said:
There is no house on his propery ..there are a couple close ..at the end of the pavement..that is actually a legal dirt road just a little past his signs you can only make it with a good 4X4...if you go through his property and follow the trail there is some real good stuff going back to your cars...a spot we call "the waterfall" talk about a long hill.....BIG ROCKS ..

so your saying we could have just kept going ? instead of turning around ?

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
Yes...of course I say that and if you go through you will bump into him....When you left your cars and came across a intersection pretty quick...the trail coming from the left was that trail..!!!...