Quantcast

Soba Noodles with Salmon

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Had this the other night, damn tasty and uber easy to make!

Ingredients:

180g (2 bundles) Soba noodle
40g Salmon fillet cut in half
1 telegraph cucumber
2 Tblsp soy sauce
2 Tblsp Mirin
1tsp grated fresh ginger
chives

Method in the madness

Preheat BBQ or griddle pan.
Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
Slice cucumber into fine straws.

Mix the dressing: Stir soy sauce, mirin and ginger together

Cook the Salmon: flesh side down first, then after about 5 mins turn onto skin side for another 5 min. Time depends on how thick it is, should still be slightly underdone in the centre.

Meanwhile cook the soba noodles till Al'dente then drain.
In a large bowl turn the hot noodles in the dressing till well coated.
Stir in the cucumber straws.
Arrange noodles on plates then place cooked Salmon on top.
Snip chives over the dish and serve. :D

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I have a very similar recipe served as a soup. We're having it for dinner tonight, in fact.

1/2 lb salmon
2 packs of soba noodles
about 3 or 4 Baby bockchoys cut in to 1" chunks
6-9 green onions, cut diagonally
fresh ginger (1")
a dash of hot chili oil
fish sauce
1 clove of garlic - pressed
I use a container of preprepared soy-ginger broth from Trader Joes. If you can't get that, try vegi broth, add more ginger and soy sauce to taste.

I grill the salmon with a little fresh ground pepper and boil the noodles. While that's cooking I add the ginger, garlic, chili oil, and fish sauce to the broth and heat to a boil. Cut the ginger into small pieces and mash them with the garlic press. Works great and gives a strong ginger flavor! Once it's boiling I throw in the bockchoy and spring onions for a few minutes, until the bockchoy looks soft.

Drain the noodles and fill a large bowl with them, pour the broth over top, and place salmon on top of that. garnish with fresh lime juice. Eat.

Total cooking time (minus prep) about 10 minutes.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
sorba = soba?
Ha Ha I think so, I knew that looked funny in the OP's post. I just blindly copied it thinking maybe I wasn't remembering correctly or something. Sorba = southern offroad bicycle association or something like that. Soba = noodles.