Quantcast

Sober October

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
So far, nothing.
Good work. Are you feeling any different/better, or just not drunky?
5 days in so far. Definitely feel 'better' with regards to sleeping, which is huge, but also missing the social aspect of my fav brewery. That always has been the main driver of much of my drinking, just being out among the humans.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
]
Good work. Are you feeling any different/better, or just not drunky?
5 days in so far. Definitely feel 'better' with regards to sleeping, which is huge, but also missing the social aspect of my fav brewery. That always has been the main driver of much of my drinking, just being out among the humans.
For me as well. I'm definitely a social drinker. That said, we had dinner with our wine-snob lesbian friends last night and I drank only tonic water and lime, and one lemon soda. So I feel pretty good about that.

Slept not so great again though. :thumbsdown:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
It happens. Frankly I'm stunned I've made it a week. You can get this.
me too. I was drinking quite a bit lately. I still say the hardest thing is the social aspect. I'm really not craving it aside from the 'habit' of going out after a ride or work.

keep it going as long as you can or want to. :thumb:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You'd better not tell me you like Milshake IPAs. 'Cause that shouldn't even be a thing. :rant:
TBH, I'm only vaguely aware that a "milkshake IPA" is even a thing. The couple I've had were "meh", at best. Pretty sure it's just the new hipster beer. Which is fine. If I never see another Gose or Sour in my life, it will be too soon.

I do however QUITE enjoy these new fangled, New England IPA's

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
TBH, I'm only vaguely aware that a "milkshake IPA" is even a thing. The couple I've had were "meh", at best. Pretty sure it's just the new hipster beer. Which is fine. If I never see another Gose or Sour in my life, it will be too soon.

I do however QUITE enjoy these new fangled, New England IPA's
Agreed on all counts. I shall not abide this type of tomfuckery:

1570485711451.png

I also discovered, just now, that there is a category called "smoothie IPA"... :rant:

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona

But this was by accident. I'll hoist my beer in sober monkeys' general direction as I make up for my last night's mistake.