Quantcast

Sober October

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
the lack of posting in this Fitness & Nutrition forum is telling!

I'm going for the Sober October. Posting up here as it goes. I just was pretty sick and hadn't drank for almost two full weeks. Going to dry out for the full 5 weeks starting TODAY and see how I feel. Don't expect much interest as we're mostly a bunch of beer and liquor swilling animals, but for anyone else getting on the wagon for a month. Post away .... good luck!

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Day three, low tire (4runner) yesterday, valve cover froze on two wheels, broke one had to go replace the tpms on that wheel, killed the battery while changing the tire, had to replace that also.

I could have used a beer if I had any last night.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
This weekend will be hard.
Any specific reason?

4 days down. Yesterday was a challenge. I grabbed a large pizza and had a friend over. He had beers, I did not.

It's not quite 4am aaaaand im up. So there is still something else to my insomnia, but I feel pretty good.

Good job @4xBoy ... keep it up.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I too, remain sans alcohol. Been sleeping pretty good, with the exception of last night where I slept absolutely horribly. Which is weird, given how I punished myself riding up Georgia pass.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Well done, sir - how was the ride? A bit nipply?
It was brisk when I got there around 9:30. Clearly nearing the end of the fall season up there. Can't be but a weekend or two of colors left. Crowded as a god damned mall at the trail head, but cleared out pretty quick. Saw maybe half a dozen other riders. West Jefferson was rowdier than I remembered it being. Hardtail probably wasn't the bike I should have been riding for that descent, but I survived. 8/10, would bang again.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It was brisk when I got there around 9:30. Clearly nearing the end of the fall season up there. Can't be but a weekend or two of colors left. Crowded as a god damned mall at the trail head, but cleared out pretty quick. Saw maybe half a dozen other riders. West Jefferson was rowdier than I remembered it being. Hardtail probably wasn't the bike I should have been riding for that descent, but I survived. 8/10, would bang again.
Damn - I meant to tell you of the "secret" to avoiding the trailhead shitshow. Sorry.

And hardtail - nicely done. W. Jefferson is indeed rowdy... I haven't ridden it in a LONG time. I should probably remedy that...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I too, remain sans alcohol. Been sleeping pretty good, with the exception of last night where I slept absolutely horribly. Which is weird, given how I punished myself riding up Georgia pass.
Damn - I meant to tell you of the "secret" to avoiding the trailhead shitshow. Sorry.

And hardtail - nicely done. W. Jefferson is indeed rowdy... I haven't ridden it in a LONG time. I should probably remedy that...
You've both seen the invite for the 26th as long as the weather holds.