Quantcast

SoCal monkeys!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm considering going to college down at UC Santa Barbara, and I was just wondering how the riding is down there. IE, how close, how good, bike-friendly population, etc.

Anyone know if they surfings good either?

Its either UCSB, Utah State, or the U of Utah...I'm yearning for SoCal, I hate winter, and this is my top top top choice :cool:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
the riding and partying is tough to beat in santa barbara. two things though, it can be expensive to live there and you better make sure you wear a rubber dude.

bikebabe

Monkey
Jul 31, 2002
Maryland
If you want to ride year round, go to UCSB. Good education, good trails, good parties and as all my male friends say "good scenery".
Trails are fairly close. It is helpful if you have a car to get around---especially if you want to go to Rincon to surf. The area is very bike friendly although there have been some trail conflicts between hikers/bikers on the most used front country trails. SBMTV has been great at doing trailhead education (bells, courtesy to hikers, etc) and it seems like there is less conflict now.

Cost of living in Santa Barbara is probably higher than your other choices but in my opinion, it's worth it.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
SB rocks. I've been here since 1994. The trails are rocky and steep and so fun. The town has a lot of perks, but the cost of living is assinine. I paid $2.60/gallon yesterday:dead:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Back to the second question...any good surfing?

Any idea on the yearly cost of living for someone in a dorm? The tuition at UCSB isn't bad at all, but I'm shaky on getting loans to pay for school if cost of living is through the roof.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Sorry, but this is a kinda stupid question.
Almost like is there good skiing in Tahoe?
or...
Does the pope poo in the woods?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Originally posted by -BB-
Sorry, but this is a kinda stupid question.
Almost like is there good skiing in Tahoe?
or...
Does the pope poo in the woods?
I will take that as a yes :D

I've seen him! He was squatting/leaning against his walker, but I've seen him do it! He really should drink metamucil :dead: