Quantcast

SoCal Turner Demo Day / Highline in Action (Photos)

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
Here are a few images from the Turner Dirt Demo in SoCal. David really put together a great day of bikes, friends and food. Hats off to everyone at Turner and big thanks to Joe and Mike from the Bike Co. for hauling everyone to the top over and over again!!! Click on the images below for more photos!!!

More Photos at BlogSpot.com

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Turner is letting everyoneput the bikes to the test,50 bikes at IB and no indoor booth then straight to this demo-he wants everyone to ride the new bikes before the fire gets too big to put out.
All the bikes i rode were great at IB.
the Highline was really sweet

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
leprechaun said:
Turner is letting everyoneput the bikes to the test,50 bikes at IB and no indoor booth then straight to this demo-he wants everyone to ride the new bikes before the fire gets too big to put out.
All the bikes i rode were great at IB.
the Highline was really sweet

Sorry for the hijack but hey Krispy did you get that personal service from DW and ride on a Sunday?

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Yes i got heavily serviced,38 lb secret sunday with a DHX and 300# spring,air boxxer,brakes were even set up all close to the bar,the whole 9 yards.

man,it's been a while since i was totally blown away on a bike other than the Cuervo. This bike was nuts! i never even slid sideways or got loose on the whole run i took.Now i only rode it on 1 run without pads on so it's hard to really say just how good it was,but i was amazed non the less.

I wonder if the bike could handle hard landings and g outs with that 300 lb spring, my cuervo is pretty sick when running 40% or more sag too....

For certain courses though i could see how this bike is the fastest way down the mountain.

I didn't even think of pedaling it though,off camber jagged rocks and no pads,no way was i going to hit the pedals and get tossed.

Also it pedaled very poorly on the dirt road up to the shuttle. 1/2 sag and low psi,no propedal it was SOFT!! That's how Sam wins races though.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Was a fun bike to ride, props to Turner.Southridge, and the BikeCo guys for the fun sat of riding and lunch.

Highline nice ass ride, def a freeride bike, not a race bike like the DHR.