Quantcast

SoCal XC

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
We will be travelling between Santa Barbara & Paso Robles in a couple of weeks.

There are 2 things we are after.....wine & singletrack..not necassarily in that order...but you get the idea.

Can anyone recommend some trails in the area?
TIA!
-TN

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
San Luis Obispo - My favorite ride in college was to ride up Shooters and down Morning (Mourning?) Glory. Hopefully someone who still lives in SLO can lead you guys on the ride.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'll be happy to guide you to some excellent XC singletrack rides. The wine is really easy to find though. North Co S.B. has a ton of wineries.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Ciaran said:
I highly recommend riding with Zark.
Likewise Conan the Bong-arian:rofl:

Trails in the area that totaly rule:
Little Pine. 20miles round trip 12 up a fireroad, something like 3,200ft of climbing and a 7.5 mile crazy singletrack descent.
Camuesa Conncter Fun 13 mile loop. Less climbing. Cool bobsled-like sections.
Romero Canyon Classic S.B. riding. Ocean views, chunky rocks and a canyon descent with high "pucker factor" Length of ride varies with route.
Jesusita Techie, rocky fun. Lots of corners and a great view from the top. Also has some of the best eye candy on the trails too:love:

Then there's the DH stuff:devil:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I strongly suggest Jesusita and Romero, two of the best trails in the area.

Also, if you want something mellow to chill out on, the Elings Park loops is easy and fun, plus it is super close to the best Mexican food in town!

Zark will show you what is up though. He knows his sh*t

The Ito

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Shyrmp said:
:stupid:

Speaking of which, Noah are you heading down for the CalState this weekend?
Huh? where? Fontucky?
I'm kinda on the injured list, Cold Springs delt me a bad hand on Sat.:dead:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Zark said:
Likewise Conan the Bong-arian:rofl:

Trails in the area that totaly rule:
Little Pine. 20miles round trip 12 up a fireroad, something like 3,200ft of climbing and a 7.5 mile crazy singletrack descent.
Camuesa Conncter Fun 13 mile loop. Less climbing. Cool bobsled-like sections.
Romero Canyon Classic S.B. riding. Ocean views, chunky rocks and a canyon descent with high "pucker factor" Length of ride varies with route.
Jesusita Techie, rocky fun. Lots of corners and a great view from the top. Also has some of the best eye candy on the trails too:love:

Then there's the DH stuff:devil:
sweet. thanks.
All of those rides sound bad ass.
We might have to take you up on the guide offer...we will be in touch.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Zark said:
Huh? where? Fontucky?
I'm kinda on the injured list, Cold Springs delt me a bad hand on Sat.:dead:
Noah!
Sorry you're on the injured list... Me too. :ouch:

I'm going to be there Sunday, though. Come to the race and we can heckle the riders together!! :evil:

-sunny

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Jesusita is fun and beautiful but PLEASE use a bike bell and pull off the trails for the hikers. MTB'ers are not real popular with the hikers in the SB area.

Have fun!!!

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Ciaran said:
Zark would outride my sword anyday.

A friend and I are taking off work on the 30th (to avoid hikers...) to ride "the trail in this pic" and "CS". I've never ridden them before but looking at this pic I might be a real mess at the bottom!:help:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
jeb4 said:
Jesusita is fun and beautiful but PLEASE use a bike bell and pull off the trails for the hikers. MTB'ers are not real popular with the hikers in the SB area.

Have fun!!!

its all good, on terrain like that we hike more than bike.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Laura,

Jesusita is nothing like that pic.....you guys would love it! A tough climb up to the top but...it's really a great ride. Very scenic but there are many hikers at times... you just need to keep your eyes peeled, that's all!

Enjoy!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
TN said:
nice.

you could probably get some nice shots of me walking that section.
Nah, I did it and I am fat and slow. I took the high and easy line in the left of the pic. I rode the whole thing, and only crashed a few times. It was a blast!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Ciaran said:
Nah, I did it and I am fat and slow. I took the high and easy line in the left of the pic. I rode the whole thing, and only crashed a few times. It was a blast!
Yah but being fat you have more cushion and being slow you don't hit as hard.:monkey: :agree: :agree: :monkey: