Quantcast

Social D, finally!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Yippee! My favorite punk band of all time is playing Eugene, Oregon in 1 week! I have never seen them in concert because everytime they were playing anywhere remotely close to me, I have either had a grossly broken limb of some sort or have been travelling for a race.

I'm so excited!!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
dh girlie said:
Awesome...have fun...I saw them twice last year and they put on a great show...I'm seein em again on June 12. Can't WAIT!

Oh and be prepared for all kindsa people to come in your thread about the show you're all excited to see and be dicks and say they suck...
I thought I remember you being a fan! I've heard from so many people now that they are really good live so I'm stoked.

And as for other people thinking they suck, eh, I like 'em and I don't care if anyone else does or doesn't! :D

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
dh girlie said:
I wanted to bring out my rum raisin ice cream theory again...it's so powerful...

I am unfamiliar with your rum raisin ice cream theory. Splain. (Is that enough of an opening for ya?)

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
dh girlie said:
Me too...I was trying to goad someone into the thread but I don't think he's here! But I think he's onto me by now!

I wanted to bring out my rum raisin ice cream theory again...it's so powerful...
And what prey tell is the the rum raisin ice cream theory??

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the funny thing is that i've seen 'em three times...

but they were never the reason i went (twice they opened for Neil Young, and once for the Screaming Trees).

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
come to think of it, Neil's saddled me w/ horrible openers a few times. had to sit through the goddam indigo girls once, and also soundgarden.

and for some reason freakin' sonic youth didn't play the boston show, so i had to drive down to providence the next night to see them. the neil fans hated them.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stinkyboy said:
I am unfamiliar with your rum raisin ice cream theory. Splain. (Is that enough of an opening for ya?)
DH Diva said:
And what prey tell is the the rum raisin ice cream theory??

Why thank you both for indulging me once again on my rum raisin ice cream theory...I really do love this theory...

Often when people speak of music on RM...other people get their drawers in a wad and act like they are the utmost expert on what sucks in music and what doesn't...sometimes it gets downright nasty and mean and vicious...and people start hurling insults and not just in jest! (and NO Narlus, I'm not referring to YOU! ;) )

Sooo...the rum raisin ice cream theory goes something like this:

Let's say you like rum raisin ice cream, and I don't...would it not be ridiculous for me to be all...WHAT?!?!? THAT KINDA ICE CREAM SUCKS ASS!!!! YOU ARE AN F'ING TOOL TO THINK THAT RUM RAISIN IS A GOOD FLAVOR!!!!! Blue bubble gum is WAY better than rum raisin you idiot! Now...isn't that silly...most people do not get that upset and crazy over other peoples opinions on other stuff...why get so crazy over music? Who cares what you like? you know? :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
come to think of it, Neil's saddled me w/ horrible openers a few times. had to sit through the goddam indigo girls once, and also soundgarden.

and for some reason freakin' sonic youth didn't play the boston show, so i had to drive down to providence the next night to see them. the neil fans hated them.

I'd have to say the same about Pearl Jam saddling me with a horrible band afterwards...Neil Young...bastard took 2 hours to come out after PJ on the Ten tour...played like 5 songs and left...kinda weird that NY tours with bands that are not in the same genre...he must like to piss people off!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
dh girlie said:
Why thank you both for indulging me once again on my rum raisin ice cream theory...I really do love this theory...

Often when people speak of music on RM...other people get their drawers in a wad and act like they are the utmost expert on what sucks in music and what doesn't...sometimes it gets downright nasty and mean and vicious...and people start hurling insults and not just in jest! (and NO Narlus, I'm not referring to YOU! ;) )

Sooo...the rum raisin ice cream theory goes something like this:

Let's say you like rum raisin ice cream, and I don't...would it not be ridiculous for me to be all...WHAT?!?!? THAT KINDA ICE CREAM SUCKS ASS!!!! YOU ARE AN F'ING TOOL TO THINK THAT RUM RAISIN IS A GOOD FLAVOR!!!!! Blue bubble gum is WAY better than rum raisin you idiot! Now...isn't that silly...most people do not get that upset and crazy over other peoples opinions on other stuff...why get so crazy over music? Who cares what you like? you know? :D
I like it. It makes a good point. I personally find any fight over someone's personal preferrences like favorite band, food, color, ect to be down right silly. I'm pretty sure if we all liked exactly the same things, things would be a little creepy. Like robot creepy.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
DH Diva said:
I like it. It makes a good point. I personally find any fight over someone's personal preferrences like favorite band, food, color, ect to be down right silly. I'm pretty sure if we all liked exactly the same things, things would be a little creepy. Like robot creepy.
Yes! Stepford Wives creepy...wait till you hear what narlus thinks of rescue greyhounds! He prefers rescue rat terriers and he goes off on greyhounds! :D ;)

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
korked7 said:
HAHAHAHAHA... Robots are creepy now that i think about it
Robots definitely hold the number 5 spot on my "Top 5 list of Creepy Things."

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
dh girlie said:
Yes! Stepford Wives creepy...wait till you hear what narlus thinks of rescue greyhounds! He prefers rescue rat terriers and he goes off on greyhounds! :D ;)
Uh, rescued rat terriers, that's almost as silly as rescued cats....
:sneaky: ;)

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
narlus said:
variety is the spice of life, but don't you *always* prefer when someone agrees w/ yr perspective? :sneaky:
If there's anyone out there that always agrees with my perspective, I certainly hope they are seeking the appropriate medical help!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
you know what's great?

jeep cherokees
snowboarding
gambling in vegas
going to the ballet
social D and motley crue
pink bicycle components
custom painted DH rigs.

don't you all agree?

:devil:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
you know what's great?

jeep cherokees
snowboarding
gambling in vegas
going to the ballet
social D and motley crue
pink bicycle components
custom painted DH rigs.

don't you all agree?

NO! not really....I'd like think of myself as an elitist...(I don't gamble much in Vegas, by the way...get it straight...I like the TRACK and tahoe for gambling)

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
dh girlie said:
I like when someone disagrees so I can pull out the rum raisin ice cream theory!!! :D
I worked in an ice cream shop when I was in high school where they had Spumoni ice cream. Yack. The tourists ate that crap up and it smelled horrible. It was rum and strawberry swirled ice cream, with marischino cherries, pistachios and coconut. To each his/her own, but dear god is smelled like vomit.

J

JRB

narlus said:
you know what's great?

jeep cherokees
snowboarding
gambling in vegas
going to the ballet
social D and motley crue
pink bicycle components
custom painted DH rigs.

don't you all agree?

Kiss ass :thumb:

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
NO! not really....I'd like think of myself as an elitist...(I don't gamble much in Vegas, by the way...get it straight...I like the TRACK and tahoe for gambling)
What does it take to make you HAPPY, woman???

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
DH Diva said:
I worked in an ice cream shop when I was in high school where they had Spumoni ice cream. Yack. The tourists ate that crap up and it smelled horrible. It was rum and strawberry swirled ice cream, with marischino cherries, pistachios and coconut. To each his/her own, but dear god is smelled like vomit.

I would've gone off on anyone that ordered the spumoni...it looks like it has tomatoes in it...

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
dh girlie said:
I would've gone off on anyone that ordered the spumoni...it looks like it has tomatoes in it...
Tomatoes or no tomatoes, it smelled like vomit! Nothing like going home every day, sticky up to your elbows in vomit smelling/tomatoe laced ice cream.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Not much really...I'm pretty easy going...not an uptight prick like some...
When you going to the Flume again???

*I wish my uncle hadn't moved to San Francisco.