Quantcast

Socom Riders new Dropout Question

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Hello Socom riders. Just wondering if anyones been on the new dropouts and how you went about getting them.

If so what did you think compared to the old ones.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Are you talking about the Slacker dropouts? If so there is a very long thread on MTBR in the Intense forum. They are made by Intense employee on his own time. They have to be purchased through him.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
^ Did it this morning, he got back to me within 3 hours, Im just in the process of setting up my Pay Pal Account. It takes 3 days or something retarded. But im really excited to try these out.

mullarks

Chimp
May 9, 2008
You should be, they are awesome. My only complaint and it is a small one is that the wheelbase is a bit longer but still the best $160 I have spent in a long time.
^ Did it this morning, he got back to me within 3 hours, Im just in the process of setting up my Pay Pal Account. It takes 3 days or something retarded. But im really excited to try these out.

BillT

Monkey
My understanding is that the wheelbase had to be lengthened a bit or their would be interference between the tire and seat tube on full compression. I've had my dropouts on for a couple of rides now and they do everything as advertised. I can't wait to get a chance to test them out on some real mountains.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Im not worried about the wheel base, theirs been a few times where I wish my Socom was a bit longer. I can always change it up for the tight stuff. Also having a spair hanger is a god sent. Im brutal on them.
Anyway how does this effect your suspension set up, like i run a pretty low sag perecentage I like my rear end stiff. Like im 180Lbs running a 400Ti spring. My thoughts are it would make it a little less stiff at the same sag would it not?