Quantcast

Soderstrom #1 in World Rankings

Oct 20, 2009
<p>Swedish freeride star Martin Soderstrom has taken over the top spot in the Freeride Mountain Bike World Tour (FMB) rankings. So far in 2012, Martin has ridden his P.3 to victories in The Rain or Shine Jam at the Sea Otter Classic and the Rivella Rocket Air competition in Switzerland; and most recently on July 29 he threw down a second place run at the Shimano Slopestyle contest at the Colorado Freeride Festival (CFF) in Winter Park, Colorado, launching him to the top of the FMB rankings.</p><p>
</p><p>
“The start of this season didn't really go exactly how I wanted,” explains Söderström. “I had a big crash in the first stop at Vienna Air King, but after that, I felt like the pressure I put on myself kind of disappeared and I have been feeling better at every event since. And now, to be sitting first in the world ranking with just three more World Tour stops left is an amazing feeling. What feels even better is that I am 100-percent healthy and feel very comfortable on my bike, so I´m going into these last contests with a lot of confidence. Now, off to Canada for Bearclaw Invitational and Crankworx in Whistler so no time to rest!”</p><p>
</p><p>
In the inaugural CFF Shimano Slopestyle, Martin laid down impressive runs and gave the crowd what they were looking for in the way of massive double-whips. (See Martin’s run here) </p><p>
</p><p>
As the penultimate Gold event in the 2012 FMB World Tour calendar, the CFF was an important contest for all competitors, as crucial Tour points were up for grabs before heading into Darren Berrecloth’s Bearclaw Invitational contest and Crankworx in coming weeks.</p><p>
</p><p>
</p><p>
</p><p>
CFF SHIMANO SLOPESTYLE RESULTS</p><p>
</p><p>
Name Country Score</p><p>
1 Brandon Semenuk CAN 96.67</p><p>
2 Martin Söderström SWE 94</p><p>
3 Brett Rheeder CAN 90.67</p><p>
4 Cam Zink USA 86,67</p><p>
5 Casey Groves CAN 86</p><p>
6 Yannick Granieri Frau 85.67</p><p>