Quantcast

SoFA Georgia DH Mini Series Announcement Official

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Bump to the thread. Race is coming up soon. For anyone that is relatively local and wants to get a look at the course, we will be out there Sunday doing trail work and riding afterwards.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Jeremy, Cecil, if you're going to become SORBA members, then you should join either the newly formed "Upstate SORBA" who just helped out in Bent Creek Saturday or the "Pisgah Area SORBA" chapter. The Upstate SC chapter is brand new. Google it.

Can't imagine how joining a SORBA chapter in North Georgia would ever benefit two guys in Greenville-Spartanburg?

SORBA Works. Read the last post here:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180444

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
you guys can sign up for whatever chapter you want at the race.
Just mark it on the forms.
I'm sure the new Upstate SC isn't' listed yet but you can right it in.

A few of us put in some diggin time on sunday.
Built up a few drops and reinforced some others.
Everythings looking good but it's really dry and really fast in sections.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Jeremy, Cecil, if you're going to become SORBA members, then you should join either the newly formed "Upstate SORBA" who just helped out in Bent Creek Saturday or the "Pisgah Area SORBA" chapter. The Upstate SC chapter is brand new. Google it.

Can't imagine how joining a SORBA chapter in North Georgia would ever benefit two guys in Greenville-Spartanburg?

SORBA Works. Read the last post here:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180444
Yes I knew about it. I wanted to help them out and be a Downhill spokesperson for them for this area and when I said on MTBR that I would be glad to help no one responded. Sounds like something a Roadie would do. I will not be able to go to the race on the 10th as the 11th is my wife’s and I's anniversary. I will join before the next race.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Yes I knew about it. I wanted to help them out and be a Downhill spokes person for them for this area and when I said on MTBR that I would be glad to help no one responded. Sounds like something a Roadie would do. I will not be able to go to the race on the 10th as the 11th is my wife’s and I's anniversary. I will join before the next race.
their first meeting was at 4000psi's place in Traveler's Rest. He's the guy that paid to replace all of Clemson's tools for them so I doubt they're roadies.

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Is this course going to be little bike friendly or do you want your full on DH rig?
Depends on what little bike describes. I ride it on my "little bike" a Mongoose BD3, but I also ride it on my Turner DHR. We got people riding it with Trail SX's, Enduro SX's, to full on DH bikes. You can use stout all-mountain bikes to full DH bikes and have equally as much fun and be competitive.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Depends on what little bike describes. I ride it on my "little bike" a Mongoose BD3, but I also ride it on my Turner DHR. We got people riding it with Trail SX's, Enduro SX's, to full on DH bikes. You can use stout all-mountain bikes to full DH bikes and have equally as much fun and be competitive.
You could also ride it on a HT if that's your thing. A P-bike or Steelhead with a DJ up front would work fine. It's a fun course regardless of what bike you ride. But don't bring out a 15lb. XC bike.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
yeah but just fyi, ryan snapped the arch on a dirtjumper on his steelhead in the rockgarden.
which isn't saying much (from what i've read about those forks),
but just sayin ya know.

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Anyone that would like to have the registration form already filled out PM me and I will send you a copy. Just bring it completed along with entry fees and it will shorten the time at registration. Sorry that we do not have pre-registration but can't afford it on our operation budget.

Thanks,
Brady

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Can some one write up better directions to the course than what is on the pdf please. Or give us an actual address to enter in to google maps :)

Or better yet, how to get there coming from Knoxville..

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Successful first race. Report and full results to be posted tomorrow on Derailed.

Quickie preview of photos. More photos to come and I will post a link to the photographers page when he has the photos ready on his site.