Quantcast

SoFA Georgia DH Mini Series Announcement Official

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
What a great weekend of riding/racing! For those of you that missed it, you really should and try to hit the next 2 races. I got to meet several "Monkey's" and got to say that everyone is cool as hell.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
sorry interweb was down when i got back home.

PRO RESULTS
1 Christopher HERNDON 1:29.33
2 Ryan BLOCH 1:32.27
3 Doug FERGUSON 1:32.86
4 Jake HAMLIN 1:35.21
5 Karl PETERS 1:37.14
6 Nick HEIDELMAN 1:38.86
7 Jeff DEIN 1:38.99
8 Mark ZISKA 1:39.83
9 Jeff BRASWELL 1:40.99
10 Pk GRAFF 1:58.30

will have AMs up in a bit a couple of last names missing.

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Brady,

I want to thank you and all of your crew for a well laid out track. We really had a good time. I appreciate your generosity offering the 66 up. I hated leaving that bike of yours in pieces. I was rushing to get the boxxer back on in time for the race. Crazy race day for me.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
No sweat bro, totally understandable, just glad that you managed to get a fork to race with. It was good to met you as well and we'll have a beer at the next one. It was probably a little overbearing being sober and walk up onto a camp site with 10+ drunk ass guys being loud.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
That pic cracks me up with something diff. every time,
didn't notice before the lotion was industial strength- hahaha
kind of scary that I looked that close - annnnywwaaayyy!

I gotta get up to the next one, it's the closest race to me for cryin out loud
I have to set up my schedule in like Jan. -now to get weekends off.
I will have to pencil the next one down!!!!!!!!!
I remember the old dual dh races at the dam, oh I'm sorry those were dual slalom races.
Then I would race xc on Sunday, boy I was young then! But I always camped there. It is a good spot and a good time and I would reccomend the xc course
to any good downhiller (on a xc bike of course) it has some good dhills but
you gotta earn em on the way up!!

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
My take off's always look good, it's the landing that gets me. I'll sell the landing as this: "I was in a full mid-air whip but Jeff wasn't quick enough with the trigger and got coming out of it." That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Thanks to everyone that came out to race. I hope you all return plus others.

We welcome suggestions and criticisms. If there is anything you thought could be improved upon please let me know. Email me at:
brady .AT. derailedonline.com

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
I would ask for details, but I am pretty sure it would be like asking if Scarlett Johannson's tits felt nice.:twitch:
Cliff notes: Jeff B pounds dirt on Saturday - breaks Boxxer fork like a twig. Everyone calls it a day after much sweating and riding. Doug, Carl, Jeff B, and Mark having fun with the locals at the mexican restaurant in Ellijay. Doug making the bar tender have a miscount of his beer glasses. Camp fire, grill, burgers, hot dogs, BRATS, beer, more beer, even more beer... That's was day 1

Day 2, register, ride, ride, ride, ride. Jeff B gets bike ridable 30 minutes before race starts. Race starts, lots of dust, race over. Awards handed out. Go jump in lake, go home.

:D

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
There are some great shots in there. Some of the light is unreal.

I had hoped to get a sequence shot of me nearly taking onearmedbandit out in the rock garden.