Quantcast

** Soggy Sunday **

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I hope my neighbor that was lighting fireworks until 11:00 last night blew their dick off.

Third straight day of rain, so I'm fixing to hop on the bike trainer before bbq at a friend's house.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Woken up at 1:30 by biblical rain/hail and had to run around the house pulling fans from and closing windows.

Big road ride planned for today, two mountain passes, some sleep would have been nice.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Woken up at 1:30 by biblical rain/hail and had to run around the house pulling fans from and closing windows.

Big road ride planned for today, two mountain passes, some sleep would have been nice.
Weird. We're totally dry.

Avoiding Nationalist Day parade at all costs and instead putting up storage shelving in MIL1's storage unit so we can start moving shit from her condo. She wants to adopt one of the kittens and the caveat is that she make the house safe for it, which means getting rid of shit. A lot of shit. Even if it just goes to storage, it needs to get out of the house.

While I was at Home Depot researching heavy-duty shelving I saw some nice toolboxes about twice the size of my current box. Back of the envelope estimates I should be able to get everything into a larger box, but I will need to really lean down my "haven't used in multiple years" tools, and it will be close. While looking at their website I found an even larger box that will definitely fit everything. I'll still need to go on a lean-down process as I go, getting rid of the "I don't need a third set of sockets (but I'm keeping all my 10mm)" type stuff, but I can make it happen. My current storage shelves are supported from the floor, so I will need to add hanging support to make space. I have a good friend who just bought a house and hasn't built his tool collection yet, so I'll p̶a̶w̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ give him what I'm not keeping (like my tool box, etc).

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Fingers are still tingling from 6 hours of pressure washing yesterday. Ran out of gas with about 15 minutes worth of brick steps left. Will acquire a wee spot of fuel later.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi

rode 22 mi then wife sent me out to mow, which is a six mile walk....so I am le tired.

playdate with the kids later and pondering job related objects.

@stoney did you buy an allroad, or just drive one? There's a local owner and everytime I drive past it I drool a bit, but this house is a 4-ring-free zone

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
hi

rode 22 mi then wife sent me out to mow, which is a six mile walk....so I am le tired.

playdate with the kids later and pondering job related objects.

@stoney did you buy an allroad, or just drive one? There's a local owner and everytime I drive past it I drool a bit, but this house is a 4-ring-free zone
Bought. It pushes a bit, but overall great. Quattro is stupid. Came in hot? Gas and it pulls you around. Just... Stupid good.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Done pressure washing until next summer. Not something that I would want to do for a living. Nope-ity nope, nuh uh.

Nao time for moar bikies. Must continue to condition my ass for Le Pisgah epic rides. Thru hiking training has given me some awesome fitness on the bike but I cannot sit for very long. Might have to break out that brand new saddle I have been saving. It’s really quite strange to be cruising up a climb without breathing heavy and look down to see that I am in the middle of the cassette.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Bought. It pushes a bit, but overall great. Quattro is stupid. Came in hot? Gas and it pulls you around. Just... Stupid good.
Nice! Instead of the polestar?

Honestly so many modern AWDs are fantastic. I applied too much throttle through an onramp overtaking somebody similarly stupid and the back end started to kick out, but enough front axle traction was applied to keep me from losing control and kept the car tracking relatively straight. I backed off after that, but dry traction with the alfa is phenomenal. Less so in the snow, but it's a 90r/10f AWD system, not 10/90 or 50/50.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nice! Instead of the polestar?

Honestly so many modern AWDs are fantastic. I applied too much throttle through an onramp overtaking somebody similarly stupid and the back end started to kick out, but enough front axle traction was applied to keep me from losing control and kept the car tracking relatively straight. I backed off after that, but dry traction with the alfa is phenomenal. Less so in the snow, but it's a 90r/10f AWD system, not 10/90 or 50/50.
Yeah. Cost/benefit pushed that way. If I want more 'go' then I'll do this: APR+.