Quantcast

Sold my first "child"...

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Last night, despite MANY upgrades to the bike... I sold my 2004 Iron Horse SGS.

It was a great bike. I bought it in MINT (never been ridden) condition in May of last year for $800. I sold it yesterday for $600 to a total Santa Cruz surfer lookin' kid who spoke perfect English but apparently grew up in Jordan and lives in Austria. Go figure.

I put TONS of money into it, a few rides at NorthStar, Downieville, and TONS of trail/XC riding... and it held up wonderfully.

Anyway... I feel like I did when I was 16 and I sold my first car... my 1964 Volkswagen Beetle 1600cc.

*sigh*

Celebrate with me, and cry with me. I needed the money, so it's a good thing. :cheers:

Old bike:

New bike:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Yeah... the kid who bought it told me that he only hopes to take as good care of it as I did.

Now... I'm off to the Bank to deposit my $600. Haha...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I occasionally sell something and have this nagging feeling that I should have kept it.

I sold my first SLR to a fellow :monkey: and I'm glad he's getting a lot of use out of it and learning with it... but I look at my dad's collection of all of his cameras and think that some time I'm going to wish I had my first camera. Oh well :)

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
I can't seem to part w/ any of my "kids", but I do keep accumulating them. My wife jokes that we almost have a rental fleet in the garage.... hey, you never know when a bunch of friends are going to show up and want to ride.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I can't seem to part w/ any of my "kids", but I do keep accumulating them. My wife jokes that we almost have a rental fleet in the garage.... hey, you never know when a bunch of friends are going to show up and want to ride.
That was my line of thinking... but after 6 months, I realized that none of my friends who ride don't already have a biketo ride, you know? Haha... :banghead:

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
That was my line of thinking... but after 6 months, I realized that none of my friends who ride don't already have a biketo ride, you know? Haha... :banghead:
I'm trying to keep logic out of my reasoning. It works for women, why can't I try it for a bit?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
yeah im in the process of selling my bb7 frame with a shiver. its hard to sell it because ive progressed so much on that bike and learned so much and made some of my best friends cause of it. but alas, i need a new car so i must sell my 2 most prized possesions.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
you sir are lucky. reason being is that you actualy sell things.

myself, i have a tendency to collect and collect till i have no more room.

as for the bike, i was gonna sell my DH bike but its way too hard, how do you feel?