Quantcast

sold out ?

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
so i finally pulled the trigger and put in an order for a bike i'm 95% sure i want after not being able to locate one locally. the shop calls me today and says that they're "sold out" from the manufacturer !! good lord. how the hell can you be "sold out" of a model this early in the year ?!?? this is worse than car companies !!! hahaha

oh well. gottem checkin out similar models for me. wish me some luck or something !

(oh yeah... bike i'm tryin to get is a specialized stumpjumper fsr. wanted the expert model, now tryin to get a comp or pro model)

:monkey:

ron

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
They may not be sold out, but may have run into difficulities with Shimano on production of the parts that would be on the bike. Or, maybe they're waiting on a batch of frames back from paint.

There are a lot of reasons why they wouldn't have your size/model in stock at the moment, but unless they specifically told your dealer that they are sold out and not making any more for the year, they most likely are just out of stock for the moment.

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
not too sure what's goin on really. i've heard about the parts shortages goin on. what the guy said specifically was that specialized told them they are sold out for the year and there won't be anymore available.

i actually was told that by another shop as well. didn't believe 'em cause the guy just seemed a bit of an assmunch to me.

still lookin tho !

Mar 27, 2004
baltimore and boulder
I wor at a giant specialized dealer, specialized is out of almost everything, and giant is out of downhill bikes. The boss told me trek is out of alot of stuff too. I ordered a giant dh comp and after alot of BS its not coming, so I had to move up to the team, darn:D