Quantcast

SOLD!!! to the only bidder ---> YIPPEEEEE im gonna be DEBT FREEEEEEEE

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
i just 'agreed' to sell my old house to a builder who is going to knock it down a build a new one...and i couldn't be happier. through pure dumb luck i bought back in 96 in an area that turned out to be smoking hot redevelopment wise. with the proceeds of the sale i will clear EVERY debt that i have, have a little bank left over for a downpayment, and the next place i get is gonna be AT LEAST 2 acres with a 2 car attached garage --> room for my toys and MOST importantly a place to use them.

by the summer i hope to have my own little dj/north shore playground in my back yard!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Being out of debt rules. I paid off every single dollar I owed last month. It is amazing to see how fast the bank account swells when you don't have never ending, interest inflated bills to pay!

Real estate is a scam, It's awesome. Enjoy your new debt free life (until you get a new home). Think of it as a new beginning and start saving.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
ridetoofast said:
i just 'agreed' to sell my old house to a builder who is going to knock it down a build a new one...and i couldn't be happier. through pure dumb luck i bought back in 96 in an area that turned out to be smoking hot redevelopment wise. with the proceeds of the sale i will clear EVERY debt that i have, have a little bank left over for a downpayment, and the next place i get is gonna be AT LEAST 2 acres with a 2 car attached garage --> room for my toys and MOST importantly a place to use them.

by the summer i hope to have my own little dj/north shore playground in my back yard!
Please tell me you live somewhere in the PNW!!!:love:

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
i wish squirrel! im in good ole' virginny, on the sea board at that.

thanks to everyone for the support! i live in an area called ocean view. the irony is, when i first moved here, i caught SO much sh$t from my coworkers about living in the ghetto, but as it turns out, through private and local government redevelopment, my 50 x 100 lot is worth several times what i ever paid for it. as ashamed as i am to admit it, ive done very little improvement, (spent all my money on my toys instead) yet im still going to clear plenty. i was fortunate enough to refinance on a 15 yr note back in 98 so i had less than 7 years to go --> lots of equity.

at times ive been so tempted to ride it out because its only going to continue to go up, even in the condition of the market now, this area is still just so hot. however, im ready to be in the country as it were, and be able to step RIGHT out my back door and ride MY dirt jumps and stunts. i wont even consider a piece of property unless i can satisfy that criteria.

pictures WILL be posted of my playground!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
ridetoofast said:
i wish squirrel! im in good ole' virginny, on the sea board at that.

thanks to everyone for the support! i live in an area called ocean view. the irony is, when i first moved here, i caught SO much sh$t from my coworkers about living in the ghetto, but as it turns out, through private and local government redevelopment, my 50 x 100 lot is worth several times what i ever paid for it. as ashamed as i am to admit it, ive done very little improvement, (spent all my money on my toys instead) yet im still going to clear plenty. i was fortunate enough to refinance on a 15 yr note back in 98 so i had less than 7 years to go --> lots of equity.

at times ive been so tempted to ride it out because its only going to continue to go up, even in the condition of the market now, this area is still just so hot. however, im ready to be in the country as it were, and be able to step RIGHT out my back door and ride MY dirt jumps and stunts. i wont even consider a piece of property unless i can satisfy that criteria.

pictures WILL be posted of my playground!
I hate you now. :redhot: Good luck though. Should be sweeeeeeet!:)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nice work. I was able to sell my house the the builder when the market crashed. I didn't make any money, but i got out of a bad deal in a bad area, so I was happy none the less.

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
im thinking for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage, on 2 acres of land im probably going to have to spend about $250,000. however, that will mean about a 38 mile drive to work, which will mean ill have to get a sipper. i have a 4 runner that is still pretty reasonable mileage, and i am NOT going to beat it into the ground as a daily commuter. that is one tradeoff that i am willing to take though!

again, thanks to all you :monkey:s for the support (reason 4,503,189,167 that RM kicks a$$)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
ridetoofast said:
im thinking for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage, on 2 acres of land im probably going to have to spend about $250,000. however, that will mean about a 38 mile drive to work, which will mean ill have to get a sipper. i have a 4 runner that is still pretty reasonable mileage, and i am NOT going to beat it into the ground as a daily commuter. that is one tradeoff that i am willing to take though!

again, thanks to all you :monkey:s for the support (reason 4,503,189,167 that RM kicks a$$)
That's a great deal for 250k.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Montreal is one of the most incredible cities in North America... with dirt cheap housing to match... I dunno how they do it!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Good news man!

Earlier I accepted a contract on a spec house I had on the market for the last 5 weeks... one down and one to go...

:dancing:

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
ridetoofast said:

I'm in the market right now for a 1000 sqft condo in Camarillo....$340K.
For a freakin CONDO. What you're talking about is like Million plus here in Cali.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Dog Welder said:
I'm in the market right now for a 1000 sqft condo in Camarillo....$340K.
For a freakin CONDO. What you're talking about is like Million plus here in Cali.
I bought a 900 sf condo in Oxnard near the beach back in 1986 for $65k.... sold it a year later for $110k... can't imagine what it would be worth now though....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:
I bought a 900 sf condo in Oxnard near the beach back in 1986 for $65k.... sold it a year later for $110k... can't imagine what it would be worth now though....

It would depend on which gang's territory it is in.

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
just south of the james, i.e. isle of wight/surry/smithfield/suffolk.

night life is non existent but i want land...ill drive to the 'culture' if/when i really feel the need.

with a new pad i plan on having more shindigs as it will be far more suitable for company than my current bachelor pad...

i think im gonna go out of this place with a kegger. hell its getting torn dorn by the builder so we might even have some fun with a sledge hammer.

damn that actually sounds like fun!

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
update
credit report reflecst ZERO debt now! :thumb:

offer accepted, loan has been underwritten, appraisal ordered

details on house

2.25 acres 3 bed, 2 bath, 1650 square foot rancher, biuilt in 03, viynl siding
only downside no garage, accepted offer of $250,000

the kicker, my neighbor is a co worker who has a 2.45 acre plot immediately adjacent that ill be able to cut trails on. he already has stuff cut, for atvs that is, but hey im not goign to complain if i can use his too. we might even be able to talk the neighbor on the other side to building too, making it 3 consecutive, 2 acre plus, lots to build tasty single track on. the terrain is fantastic too with nice, sharp, steep, ravine like topographical features.

the other downside is no high speed, not even dsl. any :monkey:s out there know anything about satelite broad band. i just cant bare the thought of going back to dial up.

im going to do all sorts of personal touches after closing to include hardwood where the carpet is, ceramic tile where the viynl (sp???) is, a side loading 2 1/2 car garage on the kitchen side of the house, and extend the deck to go the full length of the back side of the house.

pics to follow soon.