Quantcast

Soliciting Opinions: Would a 6" SC work?

bc2002

Chimp
Nov 23, 2004
Vancouver, BC
What do you monkeys think of a 6" SC fork, like a Sherman Flick/Firefly, or Zoke 150, or RS Pike on an 03 Big Hit with the 6.8 to 8.1" link. Do you think the geometery would be all messed up? Would it perform differently with less travel in the front then in the back? I would like to put a 66 on it, but they are just too much $ right now.

Thanks

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
if you ran it in the short travel, slack head tube angleit should work fine. I ran my 04 (6.2-7.5in travel) with a 6in fork, and it worked great.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
My old 04 Bighit ,which is roughly the same as the one you're describing, came with a 6" Dirt Jumper 2 on it. I ran it in the 7.5" (long travel) slack setting and it was great.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I also had a BH with a z150 in front...it was fine. Not as slack as you might want for DH racing, but for general use it was great...as others have mentioned, the adjustable geo on the bighit makes it work well with a lot of different forks.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Definitly doable, I ran mine with 150mm fork before getting a super T, the adjustable geo opens many possibilities, just keep it in the slack position and you should be all set

bc2002

Chimp
Nov 23, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the reback, "you dirty monkeys". Keep it coming

I probably should have included the type of riding that I will be doing: almost 95% shore riding. Maybe Whistler or Sun Peaks or something like that once or twice a year, but mostly shore. I'm thinking SC because my rear always falls off the skinny, and I'm thinking I want a tighter radius, but still the big hit capability. Anyone got something that would work, feel free to PM me.

Thanks

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
bc2002 said:
, like a Sherman Flick/Firefly, or Zoke 150, or RS Pike on an 03 Big Hit with the 6.8 to 8.1" link. Do you think the geometery would be all messed

Thanks
Of those listed teh z150 is the tallest. i would suggest that one if your worried about Geo at all. Here is a Pic of my ride with a z150 on to give you an idea

You can see its a long fork to have...about 3 insches taller than a RS Psylo to give you an idea..... i race this one at Southridge and have no worried at all.