Quantcast

Solo ride: Round Valley.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
My ride today was brought to you by the following:

Rocks, rocks,and more rocks, with a generous contribution from roots and viewers like you.

Place: Round Valley
Trails hit: Upper and Lower Cushetunk.
Distance today: 20 miles.
Trail Conditions, dusty hardpack.
No idea on average speed.
Time: 5 hours.
2 flats.

Really easy to get the legs burning through this trail when riding a hardtail.

Now for some pics, I appologize in advance for the bad lighting. All the pics are from Lower Cushetunk, aka one big frikken rock garden. The pics are from tamer sections where it was safe to stop, there are some big rocks on this trail that can produce some dangerous situations.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
hmmm round valley... its been way to long since i have been there...
do you ever head down to Hartshorne, opeth?

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Opeth said:
Rocks, rocks,and more rocks, with a generous contribution from roots and viewers like you.
I miss that place - I used to hit it more when I lived in Jersey.

I was out there a few years back with a buddy - rode all the way up around the back of the lake & we were playing on some rock gardens - I lost it, flipped the bike, and the shell of my seat popped right off the rails. I had to ride back standing up. Not fun.

On another trip there I was really shot by the end of the ride, and we were cruising on that flowy section right off the edge of the lake, almost to the parking lot, with like a 3 foot drop into the water. My rear wheel slipped off...and into the drink I went, much to the amusement of my riding buddies.