Quantcast

Somalia, Libertarian Utopia

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
From my perspective as a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist, my guess is that all the recent news about piracy is part of a PR campaign to justify the imposition of a new government in the next 6 months or so. They're a minor nuisance in the grand scheme of things, and could easily be dealt by regional governments or through much less costly policing, prevention and deterrence.

Like terrorism however, I expect this piracy stuff is going to be used to launch a much more expansive intervention in Somalia and the wider region. This intervention will entail significant human suffering, loss of life, and expenditure by our government, but we won't talk about that because it would be unpatriotic. Besides, they were living under ANARCHY :shudder: before, how could it possibly be worse now that the benevolent foreign army is occupying their land, impregnating their daughters and turning their country into the newest front in the war on terror?

Soon Somalia will be drawing malcontents from throughout Africa who weren't quite motivated enough to cross the gulf to blow themselves but who can now hop a bus and be in Mogadishu in 48 hours to take pot shots our troops.

I hope I'm wrong. . .
You're right, I saw the same thing in my future telling gipsy ball last night.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Norway has F-16's and soldiers in Afghanistan, and probably supports the EU/US conquest for world domination (maybe not as much as the Swedish gvmnt, but to a great extent non the less).

I'm with Skatetokil, smaller countries are better as their citizens are more in control; the pyramid of power is closer to them.
Norway only has 420 troops in Afghanistan, which is the 2nd lowest amount, right after the Czech Republic.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
I guess that would make NZ the lowest then....... About 80 I think?
Oops, those numbers were inaccurate, but I have other sources that say that they have around 500. The list before was only of NATO forces I think.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Oops, those numbers were inaccurate, but I have other sources that say that they have around 500. The list before was only of NATO forces I think.
The number is pretty insignificant in this case, as their mere precence means a stand point taken that is pro neo-colonialism. Simultainiously, those troops mean a direct support of the occupation of Iraq, as it's made it possible for the US to redistribute 500 of their personel to Iraq.