Quantcast

Some A-hole stole my car

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
4,697
40
seattle
and I'm not even mad. infact, I'm kinda laughing..

I bought it in May. it was a POS, a month ago I spent $1300.00 because it was over heating. one week later, it still overheated. took it back to fixer guys. they wanted another $1400.00 to try to fix it again. I said, "hell no." (that whole bit is a long story..)

so I parked it in my side driveway, un insured it because I wasn't driving it and put it on craigs list.
came home last night, cars gone.

called the cops, filled out the papers...

what bad things could come of this? like, could it get a billion parking tickets and then like in five years I get arrested for outstanding parking tickets?
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
38,213
4,997
Sleazattle
The theif could find a million dollars in cash stuffed in the spare tire that was stashed there by drug dealing previous owners.
 

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
13,965
35
pnj said:
and I'm not even mad. infact, I'm kinda laughing..

I bought it in May. it was a POS, a month ago I spent $1300.00 because it was over heating. one week later, it still overheated. took it back to fixer guys. they wanted another $1400.00 to try to fix it again. I said, "hell no." (that whole bit is a long story..)

so I parked it in my side driveway, un insured it because I wasn't driving it and put it on craigs list.
came home last night, cars gone.

called the cops, filled out the papers...

what bad things could come of this? like, could it get a billion parking tickets and then like in five years I get arrested for outstanding parking tickets?
You're not liable for tickets or towing that occur after you made the police report.
 

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
4,697
40
seattle
Westy said:
The theif could find a million dollars in cash stuffed in the spare tire that was stashed there by drug dealing previous owners.
nope, that's the first thing I looked for when I bought it.

H8R said:
You're not liable for tickets or towing that occur after you made the police report
cool. well good ridence then. :nuts:
 
Thief uses car to hold up local co-op for mungo beans. Eats a pile of them, goes to sleep in car, wakes up and lights a stogie. Car explodes, takes out local crookpublican headquarters. FBI swat team comes for you, hustles you on to a corporate jet and locks your ass in Guantanamo. :dead: Last we'll ever hear from you.
 

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
679
0
whereabouts unknown
johnbryanpeters said:
Thief uses car to hold up local co-op for mungo beans. Eats a pile of them, goes to sleep in car, wakes up and lights a stogie. Car explodes, takes out local crookpublican headquarters. FBI swat team comes for you, hustles you on to a corporate jet and locks your ass in Guantanamo. :dead: Last we'll ever hear from you.

simple enough
 

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
2,240
0
Ballard 4 life.
pnj said:
and I'm not even mad. infact, I'm kinda laughing..

I bought it in May. it was a POS, a month ago I spent $1300.00 because it was over heating. one week later, it still overheated. took it back to fixer guys. they wanted another $1400.00 to try to fix it again. I said, "hell no." (that whole bit is a long story..)

so I parked it in my side driveway, un insured it because I wasn't driving it and put it on craigs list.
came home last night, cars gone.

called the cops, filled out the papers...

what bad things could come of this? like, could it get a billion parking tickets and then like in five years I get arrested for outstanding parking tickets?
My roommate's car got stolen this summer and he ended up getting a ticket for out of date license tabs, which he hadn't updated because he wasn't driving the car because it was a broken piece of crap. The thieves realized this and left it on the side of the road, the copes found it, and now my roommate can't even claim insurance on it.
 

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
My roomate in college got her car stolen. The police finally found the car abandoned in FL. They had taken her rollerblades, stereo and they even stole her Club. They took everything they could find, leaving only one item behind...her Hanson cd.
 

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
93
0
pnj said:
what bad things could come of this? like, could it get a billion parking tickets and then like in five years I get arrested for outstanding parking tickets?
car gets recovered, gets towed to the impound yard, they charge you about $500 for towing fees + a few days of storage because they snail mail a letter to you telling you that they will be charging you $$$ per day for storage but it takes a few days for the letter to get to you.

that's what happened to a friend, anyway.
 

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
4,697
40
seattle
PsychO!1 said:
You said it was uninsured.....does that mean your out the car with no financial recourse?? Or will homeowners or something cover that?
when I was driving and had it insured, it wasn't fully insured so I wouldn't get $$ anyways would I? I only had it insured with whatever the minimum insurance required by the state. I still owe $400.00 on the $1300.00 bill....

girlwhoboards said:
geez dude...where do you live? i think this is good new right?
Beacon hill/south seattle and, HUH? good news? i have no idea.. at least wifey isn't bitching at me to get rid of the dead car now...:)
 

SkaredShtles

I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!
Sep 21, 2003
50,861
4,202
In a van.... down by the river
pnj said:
when I was driving and had it insured, it wasn't fully insured so I wouldn't get $$ anyways would I? I only had it insured with whatever the minimum insurance required by the state. I still owe $400.00 on the $1300.00 bill....
Nope. You'd get Jack Squat. Besides, *nobody* fully insures a $1300 car. :p
 

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
4,697
40
seattle
grundy said:
car gets recovered, gets towed to the impound yard, they charge you about $500 for towing fees + a few days of storage because they snail mail a letter to you telling you that they will be charging you $$$ per day for storage but it takes a few days for the letter to get to you.

that's what happened to a friend, anyway.

yea. I asked them to not tow it if they don't have to. they know it's a stolen car so they should call me when they find it. either to tell me they found it and had to tow it because it's a road hazzard or to tell me they found it parked and I can go get it on my own....
 

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
5,407
0
New England
pnj said:
what bad things could come of this? like, could it get a billion parking tickets and then like in five years I get arrested for outstanding parking tickets?
Realizing they stole a hoopdie, you wake up one morning to find it returned. :monkey:
 

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
679
0
whereabouts unknown
pnj said:
yea. I asked them to not tow it if they don't have to. they know it's a stolen car so they should call me when they find it. either to tell me they found it and had to tow it because it's a road hazzard or to tell me they found it parked and I can go get it on my own....
Just remember, your plates are "registered stolen" if you tow or move the car and the a cops pulls up behind you, you will be removed from the car at gun point.
 

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
4,697
40
seattle
Tenchiro said:
Realizing they stole a hoopdie, you wake up one morning to find it returned. :monkey:
yea, if they drove it more then 5 miles, it overheated. no way that thing would go 10 miles. ahahhahaha, jokes on them. at the moment anyways....

Andy_b said:
Just remember, your plates are "registered stolen" if you tow or move the car and the a cops pulls up behind you, you will be removed from the car at gun point.
yea, I won't drive it until they say it's ok.