Quantcast

DH'tillDeath

Chimp
Jun 23, 2008
Kanata, Ontario
SOME BASTARD STOLE MY BIKE AT GUNPOINT!!!

On June 4th, in Kanata, some bastard came up to me put a gun to my head and took my bike! This cock-sucker had a Beretta pistol and said he would shoot me if I didn't give him the bike. He also said if I called the cops he would kill me. This was all at our DJ trail

The bike's specs: Frame: Kona Freight-train Black frame with silver rear end
Fork: Marzocchi 888 RC
Shock: Fox DHX 4
Derailleur: Sram X.0 carbon
Rims: Mavic 823 in BRIGHT YELLOW
Bar&Stem: Race Face Diabolus
Cranks: Race Face Evolve DH
Brakes: Hayes HFX 9
Tires: Kenda Nevegal
Chainguide: E.13 SRS

The ****er who did this was only about 5'8", was wearing jeans, had short black hair, has a black "Shady" T-Shirt and brand new (extremely clean) Nike Shoes. He was white. If you see him, tackle him, take the bike, and if you have time rip his eyeballs out and then skin him alive. Then PM me, so I can join in on the sadistic torture....

Here is the bike

:disgust1:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah...... I'm missing something
You're just missing some time spent reading Lounge threads.

Sorry to hear about your bike, dude, keep an eye on eBay/Pinkbike/etc. I assume you filed a police report - do you have insurance that will cover it?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
They have handguns in Canada?

Just kidding. That sucks man. I hope you get your vigilante justice.

A guy I know got mugged last week. They knocked him off his bike & took it along with his wallet & other stuff. Then he found out a few weeks later that he developed a blood clot in his leg from the incident & had to be checked into the ER. He is OK now.

Good thing you could walk away ( i know that doesn't help but it could have gotten ugly).

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
Dude! that sucks! I hope you get the chance to whoop that b!tches ass!

Ins doesn't cover it?!?! I have USAA renters insurance and it covers like 26 situations, being robbed is one of them. You might check it out to help if god forbid there is a next time. It's like $50 a year. Replacement covers full cost of the newest bike

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Already talked to our insurance guy, they'll only cover "sporting goods" up to $1000
Read your policy carefully. See if there are any exceptions or areas that you may be able to classify the bike, and at the very least, you can claim the full $1000 and only be out whatever is left over.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Makes me think it might be worth the risk to smuggle a gat into Canada...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Damn...but if it comes down to any of my bikes or my life...pedal away dude. Just not worth it. Besides, I can always get a new bike. New lives are hard to come by...

Glad you are okay, and also hope you get to go Bronson on this guy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
were you by yourself? why didn't you run him down as he was getting away?

I'm not trying to make light of your situation, but more than likely if he was dumb enough to steal a bike a gunpoint, he wouldn't be able to wield it sufficiently while riding. Get him on the ground, dirt in his eyes, then smash his head with a rock.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Sorry to hear that. Also keep an eye out on the local pawn shops, most likely the crackhead didn't KNOW what he was stealing, just looking for something to sell.

DH'tillDeath

Chimp
Jun 23, 2008
Kanata, Ontario
I was by myself and I did book it after him as he was riding away. I also picked up a large rock and hurled it at him, only missing by a foot or two. If I ever do find him, I'll get a posse together and tie him up to a tree and rip his eyeballs out and then proceed to pull his balls (or lack there of) out and put them in his empty eye sockets. Yeah I want blood.....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Call the cops, get a police report. Then read your insurance policy.
I had to specifically write my bikes in as separate items due to their cost.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I was out with an old employer/shop owner one day on an early morning bagel run after he had his bike ripped (from his living room!). We stopped by a local shop so he could put the word out, and he sees his full Campy road bike through the window. He shook me for 5 minutes..."Thats my bike, thats my bike!!!!!!!" I had to stop him from putting a rock through the window (Shop was closed).
2 hours later he was back with the local PoPo and got his bike back. A local tweaker walked right through his unlocked patio door and ripped him clean, then sold it to this other shop for cash.
The other shop owner could only say "I knew this was too good to be true..."

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
were you by yourself? why didn't you run him down as he was getting away?

I'm not trying to make light of your situation, but more than likely if he was dumb enough to steal a bike a gunpoint, he wouldn't be able to wield it sufficiently while riding. Get him on the ground, dirt in his eyes, then smash his head with a rock.

That's a great idea..risk your life for a bike!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I've been robbed at gunpoint, and even was shot at when the girl with me freaked out.

That said, when somebody has a gun pointed at your face and you are here to tell your story, consider yourself lucky. Seriously. Getting your bike back would be great, but forget about 'revenge'. Just my $.02 ... YMMV.

Evil Sylvain

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Montreal, QC, Canada
During the summer we go to Kanata 4-5 times and we also go to Bromont so we'll keep an eye open.

Did this happen in the trails at Kanata Lakes or elsewhere in Kanata? (edit: just noticed you wrote this was at your DJ trail)

I'll pass your message around.

Last edited:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Jesus...

I'm glad to hear you are OK and can empathize with your anger, but there's no need to take this into your own hands. At this point it's up to the police and the courts if they ever find the guy. Were you able to sit down with a sketch artist and get a basic work-up of what this a-hole looks like?

What freaks me out the most about your experience is that this all went down at your favorite riding spot in the woods... as a rider, that's supposed to be our sanctuary - you know the place we go to get away from all the uptight, overworked, unhappy, douchebags in the city... that's just fu@ked...

DH'tillDeath

Chimp
Jun 23, 2008
Kanata, Ontario
My buddies and I have been digging in that spot for a few year, and we had it dialed. We had 2 sets of DJs, a shore trail, a big gap freeride trail and were working on a flow DH trail. Me and about 12 other guys would be there 4 or 5 days a week putting our heart and souls into the trails. Since the incident no one has been back, and the DJ's have been getting haggard. Not only did he steal my bike, he took our security and pretty much took our trails

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

That's a great idea..risk your life for a bike!
Sorry, but I wasn't raised to let myself be a victim. Yes, a situation like this has to be evaluated VERY carefully, and extremely quickly. If you have the capabilities of ending something before you become a victim, then by all means do so. Its a calculated risk. Some people are ok with taking it, others aren't.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
seriously... even if i did see your bike and the kid who did it.. do you really think im going to ask for it back knowing he/she is carrying a gun???

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
He was holding it sideways, Gangsta style.
To me, this could indicate a few things...

#1) he obviously has no idea how to properly wield a firearm.

#2) There's a good chance its not his to begin with, or he is not legally in possession of it.

#3) I would find myself questioning whether or not it was even loaded.

Were you able to tell what kind of gun it was? Revolver? Clip style?

Also, if it has a painted red tip, it's not a real gun. Just saying. I'm in no way implying that was the situation, but in talking to people (I work with and interact with on a regular basis) about guns I'm very surprised at how few people know that.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Hmm.
Does the theory criminals will only have the guns if they are banned ring a bell. Yeah,something like that, eh!

Hope they catch that drug using bike jacking bottom feeder!

moose99ps

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
bend, oregon
seriously... even if i did see your bike and the kid who did it.. do you really think im going to ask for it back knowing he/she is carrying a gun???
id act like his bestfriend and then beat the ever living shyt out of him... thats fcuked up dude.. really sorry to hear about that!

DH'tillDeath

Chimp
Jun 23, 2008
Kanata, Ontario
If the gun had a red cap on the muzzle I wouldn't have given him the bike and I would have have beaten him down with a rock or something, knowing I wouldn't get shot.

The gun was a Beretta pistol, identical to this

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Sorry, but I wasn't raised to let myself be a victim. Yes, a situation like this has to be evaluated VERY carefully, and extremely quickly. If you have the capabilities of ending something before you become a victim, then by all means do so. Its a calculated risk. Some people are ok with taking it, others aren't.
It has nothing to do with "being a victim" and everything to do with self preservation...if there is a 1% chance it could go wrong why would you even chance it?? It's just a bike!

exactly...D