Quantcast

Some Brake Trouble

freerideATL

Chimp
Jun 28, 2005
Atlanta
well yeah i pulled the levers of my brakes while the disc was
off and now it won't open up wide enough for the brake to spin
freely.. they are juicy 5's so if anybody could help that be cool.

snoopz666

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
now residing in kamloops
take the pad out and sake a closed end wrench or a plastic tire lever and carefully(carefully) push the piston back in. put the pads back in then the tire and pump you lever till they touch the disk.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
NOT A FLATHEAD use the red plastic pad seperaters that the brakes were shipped with. hayes pad seperaters work good for juicys to. if you don't have any of those go to your LBS and they'll have some you can use. a flathead will mess up your pads. don't touch the pads while they're out, ect, ect. once you get the pads apart, fold a bizznas card over the rotor and slide it into the caliper, then pump the brakes, pull the card out and ride.

Mutilatedjak

Chimp
Nov 25, 2004
spacemanspiff06 said:
NOT A FLATHEAD use the red plastic pad seperaters that the brakes were shipped with. hayes pad seperaters work good for juicys to. if you don't have any of those go to your LBS and they'll have some you can use. a flathead will mess up your pads. don't touch the pads while they're out, ect, ect. once you get the pads apart, fold a bizznas card over the rotor and slide it into the caliper, then pump the brakes, pull the card out and ride.
Ive worked in a shop for a year, and my manager has been working at the shop for 15, and he has always used a flathead, it has worked fine, as long as u spray it off with speedclean, or take the pads out before you use it.