Quantcast

some cool critters i saw throughout the day monday

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
a snake, a lizard and a newt.

thoght you might like to see them. never got so many wildlife shots in one day. it was pretty cool.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was hoping it would be a picture of a lizard eating a newt getting eaten by a snake.

That lizard has a pretty damn cool camo pattern, any idea on what kind'o lizard it is?

J

JRB

stoney98 said:
I'l give you a quarter if you lick the orange one. I bet the gets you all kinds of f'ed up.
You already lick one this morning?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Westy said:
I was hoping it would be a picture of a lizard eating a newt getting eaten by a snake.

That lizard has a pretty damn cool camo pattern, any idea on what kind'o lizard it is?
it is refered to as a pine lizard or fence lizard due to its pine pattern.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
LOOnatic said:
Why didn't you bring the Orange one home as a mate for the Gecko?

With you bottoming out his roommate wasn't there enough "mating" going on in the apartment? :blah:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Man, we have those orange ones (I think they're called Red F's) all over the place on our local trails. I used to try avoiding them, but there are just too many these days. Needless to say, I have squished many in my day!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
TreeSaw said:
Man, we have those orange ones (I think they're called Red F's) all over the place on our local trails. I used to try avoiding them, but there are just too many these days. Needless to say, I have squished many in my day!
:stupid:

Before I moved, I ran over a few on the Dam loop. Bastards were always in the middle of the trail where you couldn't see them until it was too late. :blah:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
narlus said:
i was gonna guess Fence Swift. nice photo! how'd you get so close to him w/o scaring him off? or do you have a mondo lens?
i used my macro function set on 4x optical zoom. i was still no more than about 12 inches from all of them. they just happened to be very cool with me shooting pics. the lizard was funny cause when i got done shooting photos of him he just kinda walked away. it was a little strange.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
LOOnatic said:
Why didn't you bring the Orange one home as a mate for the Gecko?
i think porter would just eat him.

it would make for one seriously cool looking gecko/newt thing though.