Quantcast

Some day hike photos.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
So me and my (dad) went to go for a hike up Galena pass and up into the Glacier of Devil's Bedsted where there is supposed to be a lake. We didnt know if it was stocked or not, but we brought the compound fly rod any way.

We had no idea that the road into the trail head was so rocky... bottomed the subi a few times. Sorry i dont have any action shots, but I was hitting around 70 on the dirt road up into trail head pass.

So now, here are the pics...

Leaving sun Valley, going up trail creek road. Its a single lane road with turn outs, and the engine was lugin' up it at 45... You can see the road going along side the mountain. One of the best roads ive ever been on. :cool:

The peak in the back of this photo is Devils Bedsted. This road is closed during the winter, and we got going pretty fast on it. It is notorios for flats. We saw 2 trucks with flats, but the SUBI LIVES!!! (cuz its got da snow ti'ahs/knobies on it)

A long shot of trail creek road. (round trip was about 75 miles)

Got the floor boards wet further up the river to the trail head. Again, sorry no action shots... :p

And now the 5-6 mile hike up to the lake. Elevation gain was about 2k feet. Ug, and black flies the size of my big toe. Thought this log was kinda cool.

Old man anyone? Almost to the top.

Car is waaayyyyyy down there, some where.

At the lake...and hanging with mosquitoes. I was too tired to fish.

Doesnt do it any justice.

Some flowers next to the lake. :love:

This pic is on the way back going back down trail creek.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Big_Papa1080 said:
thats awesome. where is that?

Right between Sun Valley, Idaho and Mackay, Id.

Pretty much all of Idaho north of the desert is this kick ass.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Nice pics man, looks like a great hike. The main drag of the hike is you have no bike to rip down all that elevation though....

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Im going fishing up to some lake tomorrow and ill be sure to snap some more pics. Hopefully of some fish on a fly... :p

Big_Papa1080

Village Idiot
Dec 10, 2001
Fairbanks, Alaska
Skookum said:
The main drag of the hike is you have no bike to rip down all that elevation though....
I had that problem when we went to the grand canyon. i was standing there drooling over all the switchbacks i could ride, but theres no mountain biking in national parks. :(

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Big_Papa1080 said:
I had that problem when we went to the grand canyon. i was standing there drooling over all the switchbacks i could ride, but theres no mountain biking in national parks. :(
Thats just what they tell you. The rangers have a jolly ole time tearing up the land when you turn your back.