Quantcast

Some dirtjumping pics from the Tri-Cities!

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
hey freeridekid,
me and my wife (rainbow_smoke) are in the tri-cities for the summer and wondering what kind of riding is around here if you want to hook up sometime.
i remember you had some stunts i wouldn't mind checking out too
and while i don't have a hardtail...sadly...but i do board and am itching to hit up the new park in richland
we were at the opening ceremony scoping it out and it looks sweet!!
anyways pm me or email crashnburnside@hotmail.com and maybe we can go ride and you can show us around
thanks
pete

ps-we living right off downtown kennewick

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i guess youll just have to come to beacon on the weekends.... how far is kenniwick from spokane... because i dont think you want to make that journey every day

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i guess youll just have to come to beacon on the weekends.... how far is kenniwick from spokane... because i dont think you want to make that journey every day
i think its like 2.5 hours. how much stuff is there besides the 2 dh courses? i loved the blastoff course, but i never got a chance to ride anything else :(

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
theres lots of other trails like zipper and brain damage. theres some radom single/double track and some xc. theres lots of big jumps and other drops and such. theres tons of stuff if you want to spend a few days exploring and adventuring

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
dirtjumpP.1 said:
theres lots of other trails like zipper and brain damage. theres some radom single/double track and some xc. theres lots of big jumps and other drops and such. theres tons of stuff if you want to spend a few days exploring and adventuring
yeah that sounds pretty sweet, i really like the terrain in that area. definitely gotta make a trip up there soon. my school gets out a little before mid-june.

nidoss

Chimp
Apr 28, 2005
Alaska and Idaho
Hey guys, I might also be spending the summer in the tri-cities area, kennewick to be exact. Im trying to decide if bringing a bike is worth the while. I just got a DMR trailstar so ive been trying to ride that as much as possible i wanna learn to ride street and DJ. Ive spent the last 2 years riding trials and wanted to try something new.

anyway if I do end up there it would be cool to hook up with some local guys and see whats around that area.
scott

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
nidoss said:
Hey guys, I might also be spending the summer in the tri-cities area, kennewick to be exact. Im trying to decide if bringing a bike is worth the while. I just got a DMR trailstar so ive been trying to ride that as much as possible i wanna learn to ride street and DJ. Ive spent the last 2 years riding trials and wanted to try something new.

anyway if I do end up there it would be cool to hook up with some local guys and see whats around that area.
scott
i would definitely bring a bike, especially that DMR. there's street riding and skate parks in both kennewick and richland that officially allow bikes, and the richland park is really good. www.richlandskatepark.com we are also working on building some dirtjumps in richland

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
Hey its good to know there are some riders out that way. I have a brother and new sister-in law out in Kennewick and I have been wondering if there are some decent play areas around. Good to hear they allow bikes in the parks.

I also dig you guys have open dirt fields and roads you are actually allowed to drive on. Over on the westside its pretty hard to find anything really fun to drive on besides pavement. Over your way, Just of exit 100 you have dunes and dirt and elsewhere have hundreds of miles of rally drift roads and such. anyhow... not the right forum for that I suppose.

So back to riding, where are there some good places to ride around town? Any good decents heading downhill to the yakima?

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
boxxerace said:
Hey its good to know there are some riders out that way. I have a brother and new sister-in law out in Kennewick and I have been wondering if there are some decent play areas around. Good to hear they allow bikes in the parks.

I also dig you guys have open dirt fields and roads you are actually allowed to drive on. Over on the westside its pretty hard to find anything really fun to drive on besides pavement. Over your way, Just of exit 100 you have dunes and dirt and elsewhere have hundreds of miles of rally drift roads and such. anyhow... not the right forum for that I suppose.

So back to riding, where are there some good places to ride around town? Any good decents heading downhill to the yakima?
no good decents into the yakima in tri-cities, a rode runs along it and there are neighborhoods all around. between here and the city of yakima there are some really sweet looking hills that i think are for animal grazing, so idk about access. there are some cliffs down by the yakima in around benton city though that u might be able to drop.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
yeah there are ledges everywhere but they are all in pastures. you could prolly snipe em but...anyways i think we are heading to the skatepark in richland today but i am betting your in school, if we make the trip to spokane i will post here maybe we can carpool somewhat.

-pete

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
Cool. thanks for the heads up.

Wonder... any of you hit up the slickrock out near manastash? The pics I have seen looks like it may be a good time. Dont know what I am talking about... do a google for "Funny rocks" or "Moon rocks" along with manastash or 4x4.

- +

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
allsk8sno said:
yeah there are ledges everywhere but they are all in pastures. you could prolly snipe em but...anyways i think we are heading to the skatepark in richland today but i am betting your in school, if we make the trip to spokane i will post here maybe we can carpool somewhat.

-pete
yeah beacon sounds good. i was at the skatepark today, got there at about 3 and stayed till 6. it was sooooooooo hot, but still good cuz my tires were actually hooking up somewhat today :D