Quantcast

some good pics of a trailking frame

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
so i got a trailking frame and i'm loading some good pics for people seeing that one the ones currently on the internet sucks big time.

if you want to see any other pics just let me know and i will load them up when i can.

some note about the frame:
looks like a 2.3" tire will fit well
mine has a 23.5" toptube
chainstays are WAY short 14.5-15.5" (14.75 realistically)
the seat tube is 27.2mm YEAH!!
looks to be the cane creek headset standard
the seattube is short like 11"
all the welds are really clean

as of now i cant comment on how it rides as its not built yet. i hope to have it up and running in about 2 weeks.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
not going to swap the post. they actually work very well.

parts build:
atomlab cranks
28t or 30t sprocket
hope pro2 hubs. the ss one on the back
probably bb7 for brake f and r
i'm looking at either the new atomlab sus. fork of the dmr trail blade(?) fork. have not quite decided yet.
tires k-rad rear and small block 8 on the front 2.3" in size
for the h-bar and stem not quite decided at the moment. thinking cruiser h-bar or the dmr wingbar
chain kmc cool sl <-- beleave it or not that chain is strong as all hell

well you get the point

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
if you don't plan on changing to a straight post, I'd spin it around, otherwise your ass will be eaten by your tire, well unless you run 24's or a high seat...

sweet frame!

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
yo crack,

you think you could measure the downtube for us ? i'm trying to figure out if the bike is really as long as it sounds, or if the tilted back/bent seat tube adds 0.75" or something to the TT length.

the bike looks rad.

what sprocket size are you gonna run ? do you think 36t would fit ?

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
looks so clean and smooth. A little flashy for my tastes, but I can respect.

I'm just wondering, can it realistically run a 26" wheel/tire at 14.75? Or is that just to keep it versatile for 24" option?

I'm also interested in seeing some on the atomlab cranks too. External bearings? Is it for use with a spider only, or can you use bmx style sprockets? Is it really a relabeled DMR crank from taiwan? Not hating, just wondering.

If I were you, I'd go with a rear hub you have the option of running a 1pc micro driver on, not just a 12/13t cog and lockring on a cassette body, like the Hope/Hadley/Kings etc...

Keep us posted on your build, post more pics!

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i would suspect any normal sprocket to fit on this frame. looks like there is plenty of room in that department. i plan on running a 30t sprocket and a 15t rear cog.

the atomlab cranks are a normal bmx setup. they have the normal bolt for the sprocket and everything. the bb is an internal type ith 2 bearing on oth side for 4 bearing total. no they don't seem to be made jsut for them. they quality looks good though. they also apear to the powder coated as appose to plain paint.

for the rear hub i'm don't intend to use anyother hub as this bike is going to pull trials duty from time to time and as of now no bmx hub is up to the task (yes i have destroyed a profile hub in trials) the hope i have it the ss/trials one with the steel freehub body and only room for a few cogs.

the toptube is 23.5" center of headtube to center of seat clamp.

the bb has rise for sure. cant say how much as of yet though.

i'm going to be running the new atomlab fork when it gets in.

no i didn't get the headset yet. i was told that they just got them in the other day and will be shipping out every shortly. they now that the situation sucks with the headset being late but i has to do with the over sea suppliers and customs. don't worry you should have your soon.

no i don't plan on going with a straight post or flipping it. i'm use to riding trials bikes and will not find it a problem as i can go whole rider without sitting once. its mainly there or the f up factor.

yes the frame can realistically run a 26" at 14.75"cs. just look at all the trials bike that do it with 2.5" kobby tires.

the short chainstay will make the bike very stable on the rear wheel and pretty much any rear wheel move. the high bb will make te ike easier to get onto the rear wheel but will make the bike over all less stable. the long front to center is good for tall people and people that like the leverage to bike into moves. it also helps make up for those really short chainstays, helping maintain stability.

i will post a pic when i ge some more of that parts for the bike.

bike satori what do you find flashy about the bike?? just curious

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
no i don't plan on going with a straight post or flipping it. i'm use to riding trials bikes and will not find it a problem as i can go whole rider without sitting once. its mainly there or the f up factor.

yes the frame can realistically run a 26" at 14.75"cs. just look at all the trials bike that do it with 2.5" kobby tires.

bike satori what do you find flashy about the bike?? just curious
yeah I was referring to the f up factor when your ass gets slammed between the saddle and tire and trys to eat your nuts.... I get it on my mob some and the stays aren't that short nor is my seat tube bent, and I'm using a reg. thomson post.... I can't really sit down and pedal on my set up either/ nor do I feel a need to...

I've looked for some pics of one built but the only ones I can find are on the atomlab site....

I would venture to guess it's the bright red and decals he finds flashy, since he's got the murdered out hot rod theme going on with his rig....

edit: I really like how much top tube clearance it appears to have! what's the seat tube length?

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
hahah. didn't know that. well the decals are under the clear. also the decals standout way more in the pics than they do in reality as the big one on the down tube can't really be seen from the side.

the seatpost thing we will see when the bike is complete but i don't see its being any issue because of trials riding.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
well finally got it built up!!

the seat thing is a none issue for me at least as it turned out.
the chainstay can be run at the 14.5" setting with a maxxis holyroller 2.2.
the bb is high that is for sure. it like it seeing that i use to ride trials a fair amount.
the bike pops like not other that i have ridden. it loves to be in the air. its scared the **** out of me twice now because it got so much air so easily. though that could be due to that i have not had a true street bike to date.

well i will get some pics up soon, tomorrow maybe if i'm not lazy.

btw i never for the GI60 fork. put a talas that i had on it

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
ok ok i finally got me some pics

the complete bike

the rear tire clearance. yes that is at 14.5". well just over because of chain tension. btw that is a holyrollor 2.2" not some tiny 1.9" or anything. the tire clearance is actually better than it looks as well. there s about 3/16" of clearance at a min.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i thought that people would actually like to see one of these complete.

any info that some one needs on the frame/build just let me know and i will do my best to answer it. i know that this frame has a bit of mystery surrounding it

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
yeah the seat tube is only like 13" long. coming from trials having it that short feels great! one bummer though is that the seat tube is bent and you have to cut the seatpost to the correct length just to have enough in the frame. that means there is no raising the seat spot to spot. no biggy.

yeah some people might like a shorter fork on the bike. the fork i have on there is a talas so i can take a pic with it in the 100mm mode any post it so you can get an idea of the geo change. thus far i have left it at 140mm because when i was tooling around that by far felt the best (btw the pressure it at a very stiff setting the 140mm setting is to get the geo to feel better, for me atleast).

supposedly the the next generation is going to be shorter. i hope they end up offering to frame sizes because the 23.5" is great for the taller crowd! even though i have the 23.5" one i still have a 75mm stem.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
ok ok i finally got me some pics
Very nice! It actually looks like that could take 24's + rigid without getting too low and grounding out pedals badly. Do the seatstays look like they could take some v-brake bosses welded onto them? :) I love that freakishly long top tube! Wow.

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
It looks like that fork is over 100mm of travel. Does it feel like the 23.5 TT gives you a lot more toe clearence for x-ups, etc or feel "reachy" compared to anything else you've ridden?

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
well i always ride on the balls of my feet on platforms. the same position as when you are clipped in, as a result i never have problems with toe overlap. to the point though it will give you about 1.5" more than a 22" toptube. i have only ridden a couple of bike that give me a reachy feel to it, mostly long road bikes. the reason for that is that i'm 6'5" tall. on the same note though i finally found an urban frame that doesn't feel short to me, so for most people it will feel long.

yes the fork is over 100mm in the pics, as stated its at the 140mm setting. i tried it at the 100mm setting and wasn't all about the feeling that it gave. i will experiment more at i grow more use to the bike.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
cool looking frame. awesome tire clearance.

however, gargantuan top = no thank you. (i am 6'3")
gargantuan top tube = yeah, sounds good!! (i am 6'1"). the way i see it . . . i've got a 22.2"tt right now, and i have to run a 70mm reach stem to make it feel roomy enough. so an inch longer in the front and i could run a short stem. . . . . but once again, tt measurements are b.s. seat tube angle variations can account for an inch or more in tt.