Quantcast

Some Guy Dead, Internet Forums Clogged

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
From the BBC

In what appears to be his final act of defiance to the West the reported death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has been the cause of a major Internet brown-out accoring to ISP sources. "There has been a massive increase in traffic directly related to the news of Zarqawi's death" stated Michael R Spandit (AT&T). "It appears that people were so overjoyed at the successful elimination of this terrorist that they posted the news to message forums without checking whether anyone had already done so; nearly every Internet user posted the news at least once, many making multiple posts." And as Randy Wanka of MCI reports this created further problems "Well, there is a hardcore of Internet posters who think they're funnier, smarter, or just plain meaner than the rest, who they term 'noobs', and they take it as their duty to point out whenever a multiple post has been made or if something has been posted before. This clearly leads to an exponential explosion on postings as these ego-crazed morons try to outdo each other in pointing out the bleeding obvious."

This last phenomenon has been termed "N8 Syndrome" by psychologists studying the use of Internet forums; "It appears that the people who post most highly and with the least useful content are over-compensating for a lack of social and sexual skills and fulfillment." stated Dr I P Knightly of the Blackwater Institute of Pointless Studies. "The worrying aspect of this behaviour is that it draws others in, actively reducing their participation and fulfillment in the real world; in fact our researchers have sometimes spent entire days in Internet forums investigating these people."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
absolutely brilliant. the parody bbc is good too.

"Fat woman talks bollocks"
"France boycotts British everything"
"Brazil begins shooting 'suspicious' Londoners "
"Iraq - a s***place to live: Iraqis find ever more imaginative ways to kill each other"
"Opinions of various idiots "

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
This is slightly amusing yes...

but, it would have been a total riot if i had actually posted the newz about, but i didn't....

i give u 3/5 stars anyway.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
SkaredShtles said:
Goddammit! :mumble:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to fluff again."
:stupid: I was spreading rep yesterday, and still cant spread it to a few I deamed worthy!

elRey

Turbo Monkey
fluff said:
From the BBC

In what appears to be his final act of defiance to the West the reported death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has been the cause of a major Internet brown-out accoring to ISP sources. "There has been a massive increase in traffic directly related to the news of Zarqawi's death" stated Michael R Spandit (AT&T). "It appears that people were so overjoyed at the successful elimination of this terrorist that they posted the news to message forums without checking whether anyone had already done so; nearly every Internet user posted the news at least once, many making multiple posts." And as Randy Wanka of MCI reports this created further problems "Well, there is a hardcore of Internet posters who think they're funnier, smarter, or just plain meaner than the rest, who they term 'noobs', and they take it as their duty to point out whenever a multiple post has been made or if something has been posted before. This clearly leads to an exponential explosion on postings as these ego-crazed morons try to outdo each other in pointing out the bleeding obvious."

This last phenomenon has been termed "N8 Syndrome" by psychologists studying the use of Internet forums; "It appears that the people who post most highly and with the least useful content are over-compensating for a lack of social and sexual skills and fulfillment." stated Dr I P Knightly of the Blackwater Institute of Pointless Studies. "The worrying aspect of this behaviour is that it draws others in, actively reducing their participation and fulfillment in the real world; in fact our researchers have sometimes spent entire days in Internet forums investigating these people."

Yeah, I think I heard about that on the radio.