Quantcast

Some help collecting an ebay win

Ctfphotos

Chimp
Nov 5, 2001
Astoria, NY
Hey monkeys,
So I just won this turner Rail on Ebay a few days ago and haven't been able to get the guy to email me back. I contacted ebay and got the contact info from his account and it's not valid. I was wondering if anyone recognizes this photo from his post.

Attachments

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Give it a day or two, and then contact Ebay directly. How was his feedback record? It is no guarantee, but any time I Ebay anything I look at the feedback. Lower than 98%, I wont touch.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Looks to me like dumbass forgot to put a reserve price or a starting bid, and now he doesn't want to sell it because you won it so cheap.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
I was gonna bid on that one, but seriously, that price was rediculously low. I assumed it was a scam. Did you pay? If so, youve been scammed. If not, the guy obviously doesnt wanna screw himself by selling it so low. Either way, follow the non compliant seller stuff on ebay. All youll be able to do is give him a strike (1 of 3) and you can leave him negative feedback. There is no way to enforce the sale however. I just "sold" my rmx on ebay and the high bidder just decided not to go through with it. It sucks, but ebay has no power over this.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
That's why unless it's obvious with parts and stuff you can usually pay right away, with a whole bike that went below cheap..........I'd wait until I had full contact with the seller and I'd still pay for it someway that if it was bunk I could dispute the charge.

There's so many scams on ebay it's not even funny. I've seen the same pictures of a frame or a complete bike for months now, but all it takes is that one "sucker" to buy it, send the guy his money via paypal, and all is done.