Quantcast

Some higher being doesn't want me riding

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
OK - so I'm starting to think that I am not supposed to ride. First my knee gets hurt and refuses to heal, and then Saturday on a mtb ride, I'm cruising along the singletrack enjoying myself when URCH! My back wheel seizes up and I get all squirrely. I hop off and look down. WTF? My rear der. is bent to hell and pulled into the spokes. Not good, not good. I physically was unable to get it unstuck and luckily, two guys were there to help.

Now I'm thinking something really bad is going to happen to me as an even stronger sign.

YIKES!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I'll bet that Arron is sabotaging things to get you out of shape so the rest of us are finally able to keep up with you.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Well Heidi you have been kind of accident prone since I have been on this board...so if I were you I'd be glad it was a mechanical instead of a crash :thumb:....D

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
splat said:
Thats why Slomojo carries a spare Rear deraileur with him in his camel back. ( seriously he does, and a cable and a hanger , etc ,etc )

So did you Single speed it out ?
No, we were able, and by we, I don't mean me...to bend it back and get it good enough to ride out.

Heidi said:
...I'm cruising along the singletrack enjoying myself when URCH! My back wheel seizes up and I get all squirrely. I hop off and look down. WTF? My rear der. is bent to hell and pulled into the spokes...
That's the old stick-catches-the-derailleur trick and you're not the only one it happens to.

You're doomed anyway. :D :dancing:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Heidi said:
OK - so I'm starting to think that I am not supposed to ride. First my knee gets hurt and refuses to heal, and then Saturday on a mtb ride, I'm cruising along the singletrack enjoying myself when URCH! My back wheel seizes up and I get all squirrely. I hop off and look down. WTF? My rear der. is bent to hell and pulled into the spokes. Not good, not good. I physically was unable to get it unstuck and luckily, two guys were there to help.

Now I'm thinking something really bad is going to happen to me as an even stronger sign.

YIKES!
I think it's something to do with training....if I was to list all the injuries I get and have I would pass the allowed number of words that I can post at once. My knee by the way never really gets all better, just ok so it's not a real trouble, btw i;m 17 lol. I also had endless troubles with my bikes till I finally sold my C-dale. I;m having good luck with my bikes so far. Even still I get random wheels blowing up on me, so yeah it's just people tend to forget the good and lucky moments, because they're common. Being unlucky and bad injuries are out of the normal so they stand out and you remember them.

The beer drinking idea isn't bad, but I;ve found it to be far better to just ride... :thumb:

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
ya, i agree you're jinxed. so am i. i crashed more than any of the two hundred people at the Chalk Creek MX event out here in CO. ate it really hard twice by endoing over the landing of a big jump. but i'm not dead yet, so i suggest you keep riding. :)
beer helps also, so maybe you should drink heavily before each ride. :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Hmm...I have serious der. issues as well and do enjoy beer. Maybe I should just drink too ;) Seriously though, glad to hear it wasn't an injury...I was a little afraid when I opened your thread.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If this was the first time your rear mech grenaded on you in more than 6 months you should consider yourself lucky. A day on the bike destroying bike parts is still better than a day just wishing you could ride.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
nevermind just keep going!

i have lost good parts of every season for the last 4 years
3 knee surgeries(3 months cruches every time) one broken shoulder(8 week break) and a badly sprained ankle (8 weeks) and didn't give up yet and even became better over the last years, still my friends improved way more.

whatever just keep on riding as long as you enjoy it!!! :thumb:

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
hey heidi, where did you ride?

i better catch up w/ you soon to do some riding or i'm sure i won't ever be able to! went out yesterday for a ride, my ankle's feeling good, but man i need to get a xc bike. after mine was stolen, i only had my dh bike to lug around, ugh.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Megan Black said:
hey heidi, where did you ride?

i better catch up w/ you soon to do some riding or i'm sure i won't ever be able to! went out yesterday for a ride, my ankle's feeling good, but man i need to get a xc bike. after mine was stolen, i only had my dh bike to lug around, ugh.

Went to a quick little winter spot here called Horse Ridge. All singletrack - you can do a couple hours comfortably.