Quantcast

Some idiot just killed her dog by keeping it locked in her car...

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Thought the same will probably give me negative feedback for this, I think some people need to learn to take a joke. I would have said the same thing if it was a Chihuahua. I hate those things (though I would actually never hurt one). Gosh, just let the guy express his distaste for the breed. I owned a dalmation for 9 years, and I can take a joke. I think it is terrible that it happened, but it never hurts to be light-hearted. I'm sure JRB (I don't know him) would have done everything he could to save that dalmation, were he there to do so. So quick to point the finger and place blame...
I think the people that leave negative feedback are too afraid to say something stupid in the forum for fear of a solid rebuking, and so just resort to leaving something that they feel will hurt. It's a coward's way out to leave neg without your name.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
And you really think dogs or any other pets are on par with children? Wow.
I'm not advocating cruelty to animals, but children NEED a lot more TLC and attention than pets. While some people choose to treat their pets as their children, either because they don't have real children, or because they're just really nice, pets don't need the same level of attention that children do.
Sometimes it's okay to leave a dog alone in a car, just like it's okay to leave a 14 year old in a car, as long as they can get out. It's not okay when the temp is too high with a pet, or when the child is too young to not be on their own in public. Children shouldn't be left alone like that, ever.
Yes, people that dress their dogs like humans bother and worry me greatly. TWIMC - they already have clothes, it's called hair. And for dogs without hair, don't bring them to places with snow, that's just mean.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
erikkellison said:
And you really think dogs or any other pets are on par with children? Wow.
I'm not advocating cruelty to animals, but children NEED a lot more TLC and attention than pets. While some people choose to treat their pets as their children, either because they don't have real children, or because they're just really nice, pets don't need the same level of attention that children do.
Sometimes it's okay to leave a dog alone in a car, just like it's okay to leave a 14 year old in a car, as long as they can get out. It's not okay when the temp is too high with a pet, or when the child is too young to not be on their own in public. Children shouldn't be left alone like that, ever.
Yes, people that dress their dogs like humans bother and worry me greatly. TWIMC - they already have clothes, it's called hair. And for dogs without hair, don't bring them to places with snow, that's just mean.
I don't have kids, so I'll admit I can't compare having a dog with raising a child. But I will say that dogs are living creatures too and deserved to be treated right. They have an amazing amount of personality and will smile when they are happy.

Are they the same as kids? No. But pets are so much more than just another animal.

J

JRB

splat said:
don't forget loco is also the one who got all bent out of shape when "justsomeguy" made a joke about his trade that was going sour.
Yeah - that's really funny. I got f*cked on a set of wheels. As much as I try to find cool in you, I can't. You're an antagonistic ass. It's too bad to miss your pics, and those of JSG and MrClean, but you are joining them on ignore. Poke away, tool.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
erikkellison said:
I owned a dalmation for 9 years, and I can take a joke.

I'm sure JRB (I don't know him) would have done everything he could to save that dalmation, were he there to do so.
Maybe next time you get a Dalmatian, you might learn how to spell it as well as you do Chihuahua.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
JRB said:
Yeah - that's really funny. I got f*cked on a set of wheels. As much as I try to find cool in you, I can't. You're an antagonistic ass. It's too bad to miss your pics, and those of JSG and MrClean, but you are joining them on ignore. Poke away, tool.
yup, gutless

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
MisterClean said:
Sounds like your dog is more intelligent than that moco character.
Dude,
Knock off the crap already. Your schtick is so tired, you dont even draw a response anymore. Would you like to be banned? Im fairly certain I can arrange that for you.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
BurlyShirley said:
Dude,
Knock off the crap already. Your schtick is so tired, you dont even draw a response anymore. Would you like to be banned? Im fairly certain I can arrange that for you.
:stupid: This 'loco sucks' crap is really beginning to piss me off (it has for a while actually). It seems like every thread that loco says something people feel the need to piss all over the thread. Why? Because it's cool to hate loco? That's the goddamn stupidest reason ever. If you don't like him, ignore him, otherwise take the rebar out of your butts and stop acting like dicks who have nothing better to do than to pick on someone. For Christ's sake, you're adults. :nonono: Stop sh*tting on this thread; get back on topic or GO AWAY.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
kinghami3 said:
:stupid: This 'loco sucks' crap is really beginning to piss me off (it has for a while actually). It seems like every thread that loco says something people feel the need to piss all over the thread. Why? Because it's cool to hate loco? That's the goddamn stupidest reason ever. If you don't like him, ignore him, otherwise take the rebar out of your butts and stop acting like dicks who have nothing better to do than to pick on someone. For Christ's sake, you're adults. :nonono: Stop sh*tting on this thread; get back on topic or GO AWAY.
your sig is picking on me

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
kinghami3 said:
:think: I don't even know what that means...
It's from PCU. (a move starring Jeremy Pivin)

It means "Will you show me where the campus is" if you're really stoned after just "One bong rip"

splat

Nam I am
JRB said:
Yeah - that's really funny. I got f*cked on a set of wheels.
Your Proving my point exactly. You didn't find it funny when some one made a joke about some thing you felt strongly about. well There are a lot of of Dog lovers who are just as passonate. Maybe you should relize the double standard you are preaching.

JRB said:
As much as I try to find cool in you, I can't. You're an antagonistic ass. It's too bad to miss your pics, and those of JSG and MrClean, but you are joining them on ignore. Poke away, tool.
:rofl:

what happened to the if you ever saw me on the trail you'd kick me over , like you said last time I got you mad ?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
MtnBikerChk said:
I'm not defending you anymore. You are an a$$hat.

ass·hat

n. slang

1. A thoroughly contemptible, detestable person.
2. Tight fitting underwear
[sny: asshole, asshead, assclown, asswad, asshot, assface, prick, faggot, whitey tighties]

Official usage can be found HERE.

However, I would like to point out that MBC did an exquisite and accurate job of usage, relevant to the context of which it was intended.

J

JRB

N8 said:
My question after reading this thread is simply this:

Did the right person get banned???

I say no.

:rolleyes:
You made ignore. Perhaps you should reciprocate again.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
stevew said:
Uhhmmmm...cracking your window is not going do sh!t for your dogs health on a hot day.

It does in seattle. I've left my dog all day in the truck with tinted windows and he was fine. I checked on him regularly and made sure the car wasn't getting warm. With the north windows open, the car was cooler than the outside temp. He slept soundly the entire time.

My point: It's not always cruel to leave an animal in a car.

J

JRB

buildyourown said:
It does in seattle. I've left my dog all day in the truck with tinted windows and he was fine. I checked on him regularly and made sure the car wasn't getting warm. With the north windows open, the car was cooler than the outside temp. He slept soundly the entire time.

While I joked earlier, I feel obligated to say that since this dog is dead, it was cruel.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
buildyourown said:

I second. To the anonymous idiot who called me a dildo for "roasting my dog in my car," it's subjective, especially in a cool place like the Seattle.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
I'm sorry that your history got people to be so angry and judgemental against you JRB. This thread by itself was not out of hand at all. It was the naysayers that blew it out of proportion. My condolences.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
kinghami3 said:
I second. To the anonymous idiot who called me a dildo for "roasting my dog in my car," it's subjective, especially in a cool place like the Seattle.
FYI - negative rep you recieved signed by loco was actually from Stinkyboy. He won't be participating anymore.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
BeerDemon said:
FYI - negative rep you recieved signed by loco was actually from Stinkyboy. He won't be participating anymore.
Considering the fact that proxy servers, throwaway email accounts, etc. are readily available (Firefox Switchproxy extension anyone?) do forum admins really think that they can prevent people from posting?

Short of disabling registration (that really helped grow the site when you did that, didn't it?) there's no way to prevent people from posting so I don't see what the fuss is all about.