Quantcast

Some Lil Manimal to liven up your monday

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
For all of you lounge monkeys who don't visit the south forum. we had an early season race at Clemson University earlier this month. it's a super fun course, lots of jumps, wallride/berm, fast off-camber rooty section and a big gap at the finish line.
it was a monsoon the day before the race but dried up pretty well by race time although noah was rather apprehensive to go full bore in the semi-slick terrain.

anyhooo...i did a helmet cam vid of his first race run of the day that i figured could help break the monday cubicle drama for some of you monkies ;)

oh yeah, the boy is learning to dance....what style of dance i'm not sure but um...well.... :D

even dad got to race this one :thumb:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
What's up with the loose denim jacket? Bad aerodynamics. You should invest in a pint-size skin suit.

You could wear it too!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i think the fastest time was around 2:12, i pulled in a 2:41 and got 10th in sport.....3rd - 10th in sport were within 2:35 - 2:41, pretty close. 1st and 2nd was 2:26/2:27, hmmmm...a bit of sand was on the podium me thinks ;)
noah's best was a 4:48 and he sprinted the entire uphill section at the beginning :thumb:

props to the clemson freeride club for putting on another fun race :thumb:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thats awesome and the course looked really nice. Someday I think I would like to come out to one of those races. Looks like nice dirt out there.

Nice work by the way guys. Sport sounds like it was pretty competitive.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I did poorly in the race but Manimal did shuttle Noah and I up for a run which was definitely one of the highlights of the day. Just cruising down with him on a practice run you hear so much cheering from everyone. :clapping:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
brado1 took some awesome shots of the race and captured some really good candid shots of noah:

one of my new fav's

best crash pic ever

snack time

re-gifting ;)

and sanjuro...the denim jacket was thrown at me as we left the house by my finger pointing wife claiming that i neglected to pack him a "play jacket" ie: a piece of clothing that is expendable in nature yet serves a warmth giving purpose ;)