Quantcast

Some (lots) of my pics

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
Heres some pics of me. Just better to post these than explain what i like to ride. Leave some comments

Heres a drop at the local northshore stuff we have. Standing right under it is 8' plus the slope of the transition. Its a blast.

This is the newst thing we built. I haven't had a chance to measure out the exact distances yet. I'm still nervous to hit it.

Trying to 180 back down off the abubica legde. (wasn't working out to well)

40 footer at the end of our DH course.

Playin around at the skate park.

I have tons more pics but i don't wanna be a pic whore and post 30 pics in one thread. Let me know what you think!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Isn't that the tire capital of the world??

on a related note I was watching ESPN's Baseball Tonight last night - catching up on Randy Johnson's perfect game and you know those ads behind home plate that rotate???.........well they kept showing footage with a Maxxis ad in the background! :thumb: :cool: :)

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
haha, yup me make tons of rubbers around here!

Most of my pics are at home and not here on my work computer. My friend is AWESOME with a camera and he has most of the good ones of me. I'll have to add some later.

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
Ok, i had a couple more on picturetrail from some of the northshore stuff.

The landing to the 10 footer (i think its about 10 with landing slope), gotta love hardtails! This was on my P2. Don't have it anymore.

Ridin some skinnies.

Nosin down big time

Mad chillin on Lake Erie

X up, no footer

Some of our dirt jumps.

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
Originally posted by stuntmatty
You guys have some good looking stunts! I'm thinking a day trip to Akron for our crew and a trip to Rochester for you and yours. We'd be glad to show you around our playground.
I'm down!!!

Old_Dude

Monkey
I'm probably the only person here who would NEVER do that stuff, but I totally enjoy the photos and I think it's the coolest stuff.

To me, I get excited when I float over a four foot tall table top at the local BMX track . . . and it took me a long time to clear small stuff like that, but, it's a gas & I dig it.

Ride on,

OD

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
Sweet Old_Dude. I recently met up with a guy thats about 40, has a couple kids. Told him what all i like to ride and told him he should come along when we go to the jumps and ride park and stuff. Everyone has different skill levels and we don't discriminate. The main line we have at our jumps is all tables. (some are big) and thats the whole reason for it. So EVERYONE has somewhere to start (or stay if they want) but they can work up to tons of other stuff. He had a blast riding street and stuff with us. Learned some new skills too!

Heres a couple pics of our Table top line. Its only really one min table top. You hit it to the left from each side. You can go as big or as little as you want. This was when i first started mountain biking last fall so please don't ask about the bike humping in mid air. :p Had a 99 Fisher paragon with an SX-R fork :eek: Only pics i could find of the jumps so don't be harsh on me :D

From the front side

From the back side

Step down

Step up

Old_Dude

Monkey
Stupid question #37,463:

Just curious - does anyone do stuff like that with a rigid fork? I guess at some point (landing a big one), the disadvantage of a rigid fork would be obvious, but, for the "small" stuff, seems like a rigid fork would do just fine.

I recently refitted my mountain bike with a totally rigid fork - lots of advantages. Front is way lighter than before, which I enjoy very much, climbing is better, blah, blah, blah.

Have you ever seen anyone get "big air" with a totally rigid bike?

Someday I'll have an f/s bike again w/discs & blah, blah, blah, but what I've got now doesn't keep me from having tons of fun.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Originally posted by Old_Dude
Stupid question #37,463:

Just curious - does anyone do stuff like that with a rigid fork? I guess at some point (landing a big one), the disadvantage of a rigid fork would be obvious, but, for the "small" stuff, seems like a rigid fork would do just fine.

I recently refitted my mountain bike with a totally rigid fork - lots of advantages. Front is way lighter than before, which I enjoy very much, climbing is better, blah, blah, blah.

Have you ever seen anyone get "big air" with a totally rigid bike?

Someday I'll have an f/s bike again w/discs & blah, blah, blah, but what I've got now doesn't keep me from having tons of fun.
When I went to Whistler the first time, the best guy at the DJ park who wasnt a pro rider (he was a local guy though), had a fully rigid bike and he was launching off of the biggest jumps with ease and landing perfectly, but that was probably becasue he was just a good rider.

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
Actually today i'm going to pick up another bike. I'm getting a redline mono cog. SS and rigid fork. i rode one before and loved the way it jumps. I've seen some BMXr's do some insane stuff and they are runnin rigid. I'll post some pics of the bike after i get it together. I'm not sure if i want to set it up for park or xc or what.... Be easy to put pegs on but it will have such a great stance for xc too.

I don't know if you have ever seen BMX downhill racing? Those guys are hitting 60 foot gaps on their rigid bmx bikes. Its all about the transitions and rider skills. Suspension only gives you more room for error.