Quantcast

Some More Dirt Jumps

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
You don't have to read this but... if you want, here it is.
Alright, you probably saw me new find last week, but I haven't been home to work on that because I'm chilling at my bros house. But, I got him into biking a while ago and he wants some dirt jumps around his house. So me and him are working on some this week. We started on them Sunday night or a few hours - mostly clearing a trail in his backyard and builind a berm from some other trail that we connected it to, yesterday - tearing down that berm because it was way to sharp, and building roller and first jump, and today we finished the jump, got the landing, and the next take off built.
Now for some pics
Heres where you start, you go over a roller to get up speed.

Close up the roller

heres the first jump after the roller

first jump looking at 2nd jump

landign of first jump and 2nd jump again

looking at it the other way - 2nd jump then 1st jumps landing

after 2nd jump.. heres its landing so far and then there will be a berm leading into the next part of the trail

after the berm this is the other part of the trail.

now i gotta finish this pizza and get back out there. i could get some action shots of the first jump if you want.
i've been learning how to ride a bmx bike lately because im still building my 26'' so i might look kinda goon on it. haha.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
You don't have to read this but... if you want, here it is.
Alright, you probably saw me new find last week, but I haven't been home to work on that because I'm chilling at my bros house. But, I got him into biking a while ago and he wants some dirt jumps around his house. So me and him are working on some this week. We started on them Sunday night or a few hours - mostly clearing a trail in his backyard and builind a berm from some other trail that we connected it to, yesterday - tearing down that berm because it was way to sharp, and building roller and first jump, and today we finished the jump, got the landing, and the next take off built.
Now for some pics
Heres where you start, you go over a roller to get up speed.

looking at it the other way - 2nd jump then 1st jumps landing

after 2nd jump.. heres its landing so far and then there will be a berm leading into the next part of the trail
not gonna be to cool after it rains.

mntbiker2

Monkey
Jun 30, 2007
dig a trench on the sides of it so you can let the water drain...and you might wanna build your roller a little higher for more speed and build bigger and wider jumps!

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
yeah, i built a trench between those two jumps so i wouldnt have a mud bog pit... haha.
uhm, worked on it until just now and im uploading the pics right now. ill be able to post them and a video or 2 in a bit.

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
...and you might wanna build your roller a little higher for more speed and build bigger and wider jumps!
yeah, its not like a roll-in, theres a little hill before it where we start, then just pump that and hit the jumps. these jumps can't be too big, otherwise my little bro won't even hit them and theyre at his house so it be kinda pointless. but you gotta start somewhere. and there super fun for me. haha. I'm kinda impressing myself as i build these, because they flow so perfectly. i got some video of me hitting the line so far. ill have it up in a bit.

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
alright, got some more pics.
heres the first section. you ca see the trench on the left...

2nd double landing and then the new berm

heres a close up of the berm

and coming out of the berm into the next section

and heres a video of me hitting the frist 2 jumps and berm. we didn't have the 3rd double finished yet o i had to soak it up.

tomorrow should bring a few more jumps.

Last edited:

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
alright.
lunch time again.
heres some pics of the new jump we're working on.
the landing so far...

new jump so far...

It's definetly over 4 feet tall. all the other jumps are like speed jumps. sense there is no good run up to the jumps they have to be kinda small just so we can get speed up.

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
looks soft.
when i have a chance i will post the jumps my buddies and i are building, its berm, speed jump, nice double, to a 5 foot 7 inch wooden lip for a mulch jump that will probably not happen so we made a big landing

but yeah looks super soft. pack it?

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
lol. it wasnt finished in those pics. still had to dig down, shape the jump, and pack landing.
finished it a while ago and just got done hitting it.
got some new pics of it and another video.
it'll be up in a bit.

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
alrighty. hit these a **** load after they were finished.
first time i ever hit more than 2 jumps in a row so it was crazy fun. just wish we could make it longer.

And some videos

So, this is is my failed attempt at hittting the next section... the berm was all loose and basically sucked me up, so i couldn't clear the 3rd jump... pretty funny.

And a smooth run through all of them.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
my tips:

make the first jump a slight stepdown (make landing taller and gap bigger too, but mellow)
this will increas your speed, so make your other gaps slightly bigger too and perhaps about a foot taller, your trannys look kinda tight.
the last jumps looks more like the second hit should....
but as these are your first DJ's just progress naturally into bigger lines