Quantcast

Some new pics of Turner DHR DW bike on Pinkbike

luiz carlos

Monkey
Apr 15, 2002
Brazil-Rio de Janeiro

Someone knows the diference between this one and the other one at Interbike 2008?
Someone post here, they are still working on it.
If I'm not wrong, Emeli Ragot rides Turner( a Turner distrubitor in Europe), Why not she is not using it!? She rides World Cup circuit and could make a good feedback for Turner owners.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
No one is riding on the WC yet, because it is still in the final stages for proto-type testing. Latest word from Turner is the DHR should be in production by the time of the Interbike Tradeshow. So I would expect them to be available for sale by Nov 09. I believe a few select riders will get a test ride at Sea Otter.

If you are looking for a current DHR at crazy good prices ($1799) we have a batch arriving at Go-ride.com in early May. Both smalls and larges are almost sold out, but we have a few mediums still available.

http://www.go-ride.com/SPD/turner-dhr--160B0000-1131418755.jsp

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
2010 is going to be a nice year for bikes. Why does every modern frame look so damned good?

seriously; banshee, trek!, superco, zerode, devinci, santa cruz, intense, etc. etc. the only people making ugly bikes still are norco and specialized.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
the only people making ugly bikes still are norco and specialized.
?? i think both of their newest bikes are at very worst a step in the right direction...

I like it....just needs work on the rear brake routing.
yea word, couldn't they run it down the bottom of the top tube and along the top of the rear triangle?? ore at least just down the top of the rear end

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
btw I've always had problems with cable routing on my DHR...

I had it where they recommended it but after riding it for a while I noticed the cable rub from motion of the suspension was starting to eat at the frame.
It rubbed a good quarter inch into the chain stay

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
?? i think both of their newest bikes are at very worst a step in the right direction...
no...the norco is just hideous. The rocky mountain flatline WC is a step in the right direction. Specialized is getting there, but the production Demo 8 is still ugly and cumbersome when compared to all the rest of the bikes that are coming out. Less tube, just the right amount of hydroforming, or none at all, and elegant linkages that work without too many speed holes. Clean paint packages and good build quality...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Sweet triple fade! reminds me a bit of a late 80s color scheme :)

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
no...the norco is just hideous. The rocky mountain flatline WC is a step in the right direction. Specialized is getting there, but the production Demo 8 is still ugly and cumbersome when compared to all the rest of the bikes that are coming out. Less tube, just the right amount of hydroforming, or none at all, and elegant linkages that work without too many speed holes. Clean paint packages and good build quality...
forget it, it's like arguing with rainman

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
Oh god I can not wait to buy that frame and build it up this winter:drool::drool:

Not a fan of that color fade though...I prefer my horrible painting job in MSpaint haha.

Last edited:

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
I really wanted to like this bike, but I just can't seem to.

Coupled with the shock/linkage position, its going to be next to useless to ride in the UK :(

It looks like there is zero clearance & no way to mount a mudgaurd of any sort. Thats unfortunately a pretty big fail for me. Especially with the reputation of the current (and previous) DHR's high maintenance bearings.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
I really wanted to like this bike, but I just can't seem to.

Coupled with the shock/linkage position, its going to be next to useless to ride in the UK :(

It looks like there is zero clearance & no way to mount a mudgaurd of any sort. Thats unfortunately a pretty big fail for me. Especially with the reputation of the current (and previous) DHR's high maintenance bearings.
I can tell you with certainty that more clearance will be added, and the linkage/bearing setup will see some serious revisions before it's production release....

David is working fervently to find the perfect balance between strength/clearance/low weight/durability....i have faith that the final product will be stellar.....

I also think that if you're creative, its conceivable to mount a small fender/mudguard in there ..... Myself and many others have voiced this concern to DT and he'll make the necessary revisions :)

Owennn

Monkey
Mar 10, 2009
I can still hear the shocks' bushings and seals crying out in pain, why crank the shock at that angle? Surely there are better ways to achieve rising rates?

Looks like a great way to force people to service their rear shock more than a few times a season.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I can still hear the shocks' bushings and seals crying out in pain, why crank the shock at that angle? Surely there are better ways to achieve rising rates?

Looks like a great way to force people to service their rear shock more than a few times a season.
I guess we will have to wait and see, but you do make a good point...

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces

here's a pic of another bike with similar shock position, never heard of any issues with these blowing shocks.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW

The Norco does look terrible online.

But it is actually a great looking bike in person. Lined up next to a V10, M6 and Supreme DH, it gets more questions than the others in the shop.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
looks like he's tightening up a stem there.....and since he shares a warehouse space with ian (Chromag), I stand by my original statement
and judging by this picture I'd like to retract my former opinion :o:

I just figured seeing that he works for Sram, his components would be all Sram