Quantcast

Some not so good digi pics

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Looks like fun!

I'm guessing you are using the auto settings on the camera. Those only tend to get good shots in broad daylight. I forced myself to use the manual settings and I get alot better shots.
Well, when I'm not cutting heads off riders w/ my crappy aim.:o:

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
I was hoping to leave the D-word out of this one, but yeah it was sweet. Some of the trail builders are highly sensitive. Too many riders-not enough helpers. I'm sure you've heard that story before. Why can't I load anymore and what's this quota thing? I've got the best ones to go. The lighting was too poor for manual so I had to try the timing thing.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
No worries Bibs. According to the Sheriff that appeared that day the DNR is planning on shutting it down anyways. :nuts: Get this, he said it was due to habitat destruction. Nevermind the clearcuts, its the trail that hurts the forest. How dumb is that? :mad:

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
...and I guess he is not too happy about people always breaking the lock. "Oh and that one time, when somebody completely welded the gate in half". That doesnt look to good either.
Awesome place to ride....to bad it might come to an end soon.

Oh.....trails in Duvall? Where?

Ash

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Bullitrider said:
I was hoping to leave the D-word out of this one, but yeah it was sweet. Some of the trail builders are highly sensitive. Too many riders-not enough helpers. I'm sure you've heard that story before. Why can't I load anymore and what's this quota thing? I've got the best ones to go. The lighting was too poor for manual so I had to try the timing thing.
You can go in and manage attachments. Delete some of your old pics. Its not like those old postes ever get looked at anyways. I go in and delete mine once the quota is full. If RM didnt do this all our old picks would take up way too much space.

Also, instead of using RM to upload. Try www.photobucket.com , or www.imageshack.us . Both provide free photo hosting and give you a larger format to load. Imageshack also provides all the links you need to share the pics. The only drawback is some people behind firewalls cant seem to see them.

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
I would be suprised if it gets closed down. First its probably some drug dealers who cut the gate and break the lock. Second the trail is almost 100% natural, how are they going to close that down? Third I think DNR would be more worried about the shooters littering the ground with shells that mountain bikes making paths in the woods.
By the way I if anyone knows the builders I would be happy to go help with the maintence, but I would like to go with a group, its kind of hard to acomplish much with just 2 people.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
stinky6 said:
I would be suprised if it gets closed down. First its probably some drug dealers who cut the gate and break the lock. Second the trail is almost 100% natural, how are they going to close that down? Third I think DNR would be more worried about the shooters littering the ground with shells that mountain bikes making paths in the woods.
By the way I if anyone knows the builders I would be happy to go help with the maintence, but I would like to go with a group, its kind of hard to acomplish much with just 2 people.
PM trailhacker. He should be out there this weekend, and has tons of neat tools.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I believe the jeepers are responsible for torching the gate off. Who else carries an AO torch? No offense to any jeepers but some of those guys really know how to piss off land managers.

I really need to nut up and hit that triple.

buildyourown said:
I believe the jeepers are responsible for torching the gate off. Who else carries an AO torch? No offense to any jeepers but some of those guys really know how to piss off land managers.

I really need to nut up and hit that triple.

this is true though, not sure if they are actually "jeepers" like Finn Hill guy. But they are the only peeps that would have a tourch. But there is bad in every group everything......sucks..no one can leave **** alone. I should have my bike done in a week or so..Ill hit it with you...havent seen it, but Ill try it.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
bibs said:
Ill hit it with you...havent seen it, but Ill try it.

The triple is in the first pic of the first post. The last 4 pics are also of the triple but from the opposite direction. In the first pic you can see Boe's lame excuse for a no hander.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Hey man, where's my pic? You always forget me!!! Mike, you available on the weekend of the 2nd. Gotta head up north!! 38 is closed, gotta go to canada.

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
nice pics mikey! hope to check those trails w/ya before they get the axe! terrible news about duvall & tres ocho. only been to the "exits" a couple of times, they were what riding is all about! to anyone that comes south , i would be glad to show some local sick riding in post canyon, hood river. also , real low key SW washington sick ass trails! you seattle boys will have to drive for it though! 2.5 hrs. to be exact.