Quantcast

Some Notes on the Snowshoe Freeride Festival

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
For all those interested and all those planning to attend, here's a bit of info pertaining to the event that you might want to know!

Schedule:
Saturday (May 29th)

9am - riders meeting, meeting the people/faces behind the program, a safety briefing, and general intro to our new park.

10am - lift and trails open for the season. All people involved with the new park/program will be on hand and riding the new park, follow us if you want to know where the cool stuff is!!!!!

Lift closes at 6pm.

5pm-7pm - Cookout, live DJ, and prize give-a-ways.

Sunday (May 30th)

10am - lifts/trails open.

Lift closes at 4:30pm.

6pm - free appetizers and live DJ

Monday (May 31st)

Freeride park will be closed on Monday, however the Western Territory (dh courses) will be open and the Shuttle bus will be running from 9am to 5:30pm.

Also, for anyone interested in buying a season pass, for the opening weekend only (May 29th-31st) you can apply your day lift ticket price towards the price of a season pass. Meaning, if you buy a day park/lift pass, your season ticket purchase price will be discounted that amount if you purchase the season pass during the festival.

For any additional information, please check out our dedicated mtb site at http://ride.snowshoemtn.com

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I cant believe it opens next week. I cant wait. See you guys there

Hulk
I am planning on coming up friday morning. Will the shutlle be running then or not? It has the last couple of years.
Thanks

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Originally posted by banche
mobius quit being a little city boy sissy, and camp
yeah, seriously. You'd think he's never gotten dirty before in his whole life....;)

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Originally posted by DßR
yeah, seriously. You'd think he's never gotten dirty before in his whole life....;)

I have no camping gear u bastards! besides camping alone sucks id feel miserable drinking alone plus deliverance will happen to my tiny part asian ass.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Originally posted by denjen
I cant believe it opens next week. I cant wait. See you guys there

Hulk
I am planning on coming up friday morning. Will the shutlle be running then or not? It has the last couple of years.
Thanks
You're not going to Wintergreen?

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Hulk
Thanks
The shuttle won't start running until Saturday morning. I'm not exactly sure why it was that way in years past and/or why this year is different though.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
That sucks. The place that I work at is always closed the friday before before Mem.day, so I have always gotten a jump start on the weekend. Oh well I am still coming up and just hang out, get the hell out of Richmond

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
That sucks. The place that I work at is always closed the friday before before Mem.day, so I have always gotten a jump start on the weekend. Oh well I am still coming up and just hang out, get the hell out of Richmond
Bring your XC bike Dennis. There's lots of good riding there. Mark, Jordan and I are probably going to ride on friday.

Mike

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Hey,

Myself and a friend are driving down from NY to ride Snowshoe June 7 & 8 (weekdays). Will the freeride park be open then or is it just weekends?

Slightly off subject: We're also doing some XC riding in and around Harrisonburg later that week. Any good places we should check out?

Thanks!

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Originally posted by Jim Mac
Hey,

Myself and a friend are driving down from NY to ride Snowshoe June 7 & 8 (weekdays). Will the freeride park be open then or is it just weekends?

Slightly off subject: We're also doing some XC riding in and around Harrisonburg later that week. Any good places we should check out?

Thanks!
Everywhere West of Harrisonburg is good riding:D Pick up a topo map of the area and pick your poison, or go by Shenandoah Bicycle Company and ask for suggestions. My favorites are Brailey Pond and Hearthstone and Grindstone.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Thanks for the info, guys...should be an interesting trip with 2 dh and 2 xc bikes, camping stuff, etc all loaded into a hybrid car while driving through the mountains of West Virginia! I plan to push a lot.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Originally posted by Dartman
Bring your XC bike Dennis. There's lots of good riding there. Mark, Jordan and I are probably going to ride on friday.

Mike
Yeah I might do that it has been a couple of years since I hit Poo's plateau

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I just checked ride.snowshoemtn.com and they are running the shuttle on Friday due to popular demand. Thanks for listening to your riders guys!!

Mike

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Originally posted by Dartman
I just checked ride.snowshoemtn.com and they are running the shuttle on Friday due to popular demand. Thanks for listening to your riders guys!!

Mike
Awsome!

Mike
When are you guys planning on getting there? Wayne and I are going to get out of richmond around 9:00 on friday, try and hit the 2:30 shuttle. Hope the see you then

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Awsome!

Mike
When are you guys planning on getting there? Wayne and I are going to get out of richmond around 9:00 on friday, try and hit the 2:30 shuttle. Hope the see you then
Where you guys driving from? I've never been so i'd be great to follow someone. And ride with some folks saturday.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Awsome!

Mike
I'm going up on Thursday evening.

Mike

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Originally posted by mobius
Where you guys driving from? I've never been so i'd be great to follow someone. And ride with some folks saturday.
We are leaving from my house off of Staples Mill. I talked to Wayne and if we can get off our ass's we want to be on the rode by 8:00 friday morning. If you want to follow us let me know

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm comming this weekend for the first time - please explain this with both shuttle and lift. Why not just lift?

We are driving down Friday and hope to do a little riding Friday depending on traffic. How long can you ride until Friday?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Originally posted by CBJ
I'm comming this weekend for the first time - please explain this with both shuttle and lift. Why not just lift?

We are driving down Friday and hope to do a little riding Friday depending on traffic. How long can you ride until Friday?
Snowshoe is an "upside-down resort". Meaning most of the lodging and village are on top of the mountain. The freeride park is on the east side of the mountain and is served by the Ballhooter lift. The downhill course and other trails are on the western side and are served by shuttle bus/trailer. I believe the last shuttle is at 5:30pm. It runs at 8,9,10,11,12,1:30,2:30,3:30,4:30 and 5:30 from the Inn at Snowshoe parking lot.

Mike