Quantcast

some of the reasons the cops won't do their job in oakland....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the story.

list...

* burglary
* theft
* embezzlement
* grand theft
* grand theft:dog
* identity theft
* false information to peace officer
* required to register as sex or arson offender
* dump waste or offensive matter
* discard appliance with lock
* loud music
* possess forged notes
* pass fictitious check
* obtain money by false voucher
* fraudulent use of access cards
* stolen license plate
* embezzlement by an employee (over $ 400)
* extortion
* attempted extortion
* false personification of other
* injure telephone/ power line
* interfere with power line
* unauthorized cable tv connection
* vandalism
* administer/expose poison to another's

no more rich folk left in oakland to tax?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Police and fire are 75% of the city budget and have been untouched by budget cuts in the last few years. Starting pay for police is $71k PLUS benefits and pension (as of this year they will start having to contribute 9% to pension, but previously it was a give-away). Don't give me any cost of living bull****, b/c the NYPD starts at $44k.

These ****ers have been holding the city hostage for years, all while doing a really ****ty job of maintaining peace and order in the city. **** 'em. Fire the chief and layoff all the old timers. Start from scratch. It's not like Oakland can get any worse in the meantime.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I personally cannot wait to finally discard all of those locked appliances I've been hoarding.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i find the comments to that story amusing:
We need to police ourselves within our own neighborhoods. CCW anyone?
Well I guess law abiding citizens better rush out and strongly enforce they're 2nd Amendment right, neighborhoods need to get together and form reactionary teams and help out one another.
Now why would a fine city such as this have these problems. The people of Oakland are angels, it's the police that's the problem. So, accordingly the streets will be safer with less police.
buy a gun since lib dems can't protect you.
HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! Oakland is getting EXACTLY WHAT IT DESERVES. Hate the po-po? Guess what? HA HA!! FU, ignorant azzes.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Police and fire are 75% of the city budget and have been untouched by budget cuts in the last few years. Starting pay for police is $71k PLUS benefits and pension (as of this year they will start having to contribute 9% to pension, but previously it was a give-away). Don't give me any cost of living bull****, b/c the NYPD starts at $44k.

These ****ers have been holding the city hostage for years, all while doing a really ****ty job of maintaining peace and order in the city. **** 'em. Fire the chief and layoff all the old timers. Start from scratch. It's not like Oakland can get any worse in the meantime.
Change police to air traffic controllers and I'd swear you were Reagan reincarnate.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

It will be funny if Mehserle gets like 6 months for involuntary manslaughter, the next riot begins, and Oakland PD says, good luck.

The logical side agrees with the financial ransom that the PD is holding the city, but Oakland is a tough place to police.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
But!!!! Everybody's forgetting the MOST IMPORTANT PART: no new taxes.

The problem is money. In the last five years, the police budget -- along with the fire department budget -- have amount to 75 percent of the general fund. After years of largely sparing those departments the budget ax, now it appears there are few other places to cut.
Maybe the 2nd Amendment will finally actually be fulfilled and there'll be the creation of a well-organized militia?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
actually, oaktown should become more peaceful now (if brooklyn is any comparison):

Mookie: Dago, wop, guinea, garlic-breath, pizza-slingin', spaghetti-bendin', Vic Damone, Perry Como, Luciano Pavarotti, Sole Mio, nonsingin' mother****er.
Pino: You gold-teeth-gold-chain-wearin', fried-chicken-and-biscuit-eatin', monkey, ape, baboon, big thigh, fast-runnin', high-jumpin', spear-chuckin', three-hundred-sixty-degree-basketball-dunkin' titsun spade Moulan Yan. Take your ****in' pizza-pizza and go the **** back to Africa.
Stevie: You little slanty-eyed, me-no-speaky-American, own-every-fruit-and-vegetable-stand-in-New-York, bull****, Reverend Sun Myung Moon, Summer Olympics '88, Korean kick-boxing son of a bitch.
Officer Long: You Goya bean-eating, fifteen in a car, thirty in an apartment, pointed shoes, red-wearing, Menudo, meda-meda Puerto Rican cocksucker. Yeah, you!
Sonny: It's cheap, I got a good price for you, Mayor Koch, "How I'm doing," chocolate-egg-cream-drinking, bagel-and-lox, B'nai B'rith Jew asshole.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
you are assuming there are white folk left in oakland.
Clearly you're not familiar with the fortified WASPY city-within-a-city enclave known as Piedmont.

11,000 of the wealthiest, whitest, pseudo-liberal NIMBYs outside of Cape Cod and they are quite literally IN Oakland, surrounded on all sides.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Clearly you're not familiar with the fortified WASPY city-within-a-city enclave known as Piedmont.

11,000 of the wealthiest, whitest, pseudo-liberal NIMBYs outside of Cape Cod and they are quite literally IN Oakland, surrounded on all sides.
And the people in Montclair look down on Piedmont folk...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan

Wow, Hendrik Verwoerd would be impressed.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

oakland looks to be all unicorns and rainbows....what's there not to like.

stick through it to the end when the pimp shows up and the motorcycle cop gets hit by a car.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I was wondering why my "date" (specifically requested weave, dye, and 2nd trimester) cancelled last minute on Sunday night.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Was that you punching the pregnant whore?
Naw, but it did mean I had to send her back. I mean, how hard is it to get "no black eyes or broke teef" right with your pregnant whore delivery? I swear, nowadays you just can't get the service that you used to.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I was wondering why my "date" (specifically requested weave, dye, and 2nd trimester) cancelled last minute on Sunday night.
Think of it like a rental car. If she comes with a couple of dents, you have a little more leeway when you're returning her...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
1. busted coochie

2. broke up jaw

3. flippity flappity flaps

4. fvcked up speech impediment

5. Fetal alcohol something something with that fvcked up gut hangin offf da front

These are all the boxes you need to make sure are checked before leaving the lot with said ho.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament