Quantcast

Some of W's friends and a night at the strip

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Disgusting. You'd think with such bada** cars they would at least try to take some corners. Glad they can enjoy vehicles that cost more than my house, college education, and personal net worth combined. (sarcasm, but not too serious, cuz I'm not dead, and I can sleep peacefully without a huge karma cloud waiting to strike me and my gold digging wife dead with a heart attack and high cholesterol at 62)
I wish I could go for a bike ride right now!!!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'll take the Carrera GT thanks! I dunno about the color, but a little Krylon should do the trick ;)

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
McLaren Mercedes!!!!

i road in the McLaren F1 street car once. nothing has beaten it yet. the F50 was awesome yet a bigger car. the wing on the back sat higher then the car

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Those are some nice toys... Since the Mclaren and the Porsche are gone ill settle for the Ity trash i guess... I mean i could just sell it pcoket the cash and buy a new 505hp Z06 that rapes it on the strip... Euro trash

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
no riced out hondas???:eviltongu :rolleyes: yeah seriously, those guys to me are pretty much ricers with lots of money. why not actually take the car out on a track with corners? the most fun thing to do when driving a sporty car is to take tight, fast corners.

BillT

Monkey
gnurider1080 said:
no riced out hondas???:eviltongu :rolleyes: yeah seriously, those guys to me are pretty much ricers with lots of money. why not actually take the car out on a track with corners? the most fun thing to do when driving a sporty car is to take tight, fast corners.
You'd have to read the original post (I think it is on vwvortex.com) to gain some understanding of the pictures, but basically these pictures were taken in somewhere in the Middle East (can't remember what Emirate) where the only motorsports they really have is drag racing. Personally, I think those guys should be commended for taking their cars to the track and running them instead of having them as just garage queens.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BillT said:
Personally, I think those guys should be commended for taking their cars to the track and running them instead of having them as just garage queens.
except for that loser w/ the queer "R"s on his door.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Heh, the other weekend, I passed a Carrerra GT getting onto the Golden Gate on my way to the trails, and then ran into a McLaren SLR on the way back at a Jamba Juice in Marin (Michael Johnson stepped out and ordered a smoothy).

$1M in cars in a span of about 4 hours and 20 miles.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
BillT said:
You'd have to read the original post (I think it is on vwvortex.com) to gain some understanding of the pictures, but basically these pictures were taken in somewhere in the Middle East (can't remember what Emirate) where the only motorsports they really have is drag racing. Personally, I think those guys should be commended for taking their cars to the track and running them instead of having them as just garage queens.
ah, that would explain it. i thought it was a bunch of rich young dudes in the US that just wanted to drag race their cars.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Question: If they are in the Middle East, whats up with the hoochie? Shouldn't she be in a Burkah?

What about the "Shark Recovery Service" on the side of the flatbed....in English?:think:

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Zark said:
Question: If they are in the Middle East, whats up with the hoochie? Shouldn't she be in a Burkah?

What about the "Shark Recovery Service" on the side of the flatbed....in English?:think:
I thought the same thing too, but look at all the guys in the background - they're all wearing those robe-type things they do in the middle east. Maybe it's in England, though - check out the funky phone # on the other tow truck.

Re the Carrera, the only one's I've seen are always silver - I think red's a big improvement.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i was wondering about the location myself. and whats with the tow trucks? you'd think that with such expensive cars they'd have their own trailers for transport rather than paying a tow service. or why not drive them home?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
They race them but dont drive them? Why the tow trucks? Drive it man. If you have the money to own a car like that, why would you not drive it to the races.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
No helmets?

Of course they play around; drop all that money on the race car and nothing on a trailer/tow vehicle? Come on...

Aha, just kidding. Looks like it was fun.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
DHS said:
McLaren Mercedes!!!!

i road in the McLaren F1 street car once. nothing has beaten it yet. the F50 was awesome yet a bigger car. the wing on the back sat higher then the car
Are you downhill serious????
Dude, theres only like 5 of those things, isn't there? How did you hook this up?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
All I see is rich guys with too much money and time, not enough brains, and no respect for the environment. Oh well, at least they aren't out on a public street...

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
JohnE said:
All I see is rich guys with too much money and time, not enough brains, and no respect for the environment. Oh well, at least they aren't out on a public street...
wow someone is jealous. and if not you must have a vag in your pants buddy. those are the absoulte essence of man, fast, powerful, sleek, dangerous, sexy, removes panties in under 4 seconds etc etc.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I think of the club scene in The Nutty Professor when I see cars like that. When Eddie Murphy pulls up in the Viper and the license plate says "PNS CAR"....that's pretty much what it's compensating for....

Now I'm not saying that I'm above that...I'm just sayin'!!:dancing: