Quantcast

Some Old BMX Pics

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
do you know any old AFA ramp riders who are rockin the 26" now?

i would like to see Voelker or Joe Johnson blasting....

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Cool stuff man! I used to ride back then too.
Me and my bros started doing endos and other little tricks in about 1983, right before 'freestyle' started getting big.

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
those pics are sick, the last one is awesome. You don't know how bad I wish I could do no foot cans airing out of a quarter

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Those are such rad shots. I particular like the pics with the Mongoose motorhome ramp - you are boosting that quarter huge! The one 2 page spread w/ the photo by Spike Jonze is something to be very proud of as well. Was that in Go?

Some of the younger riders are probably used to seeing this level from the modern day talent - but this stuff was top notch BITD - actually I'm not sure how many guys these days could get double can's that extended out of a 1/4.

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
That was from GO... I had 3 more 2-page pics like that invert, one of a cancan at the last AFA Masters event ever, one of a turndown from a King of Vert in Colorado Springs, and another of a topside no foot cancan, but I cannot find the magazines. I'm hoping my parents have them at their house in Texas. I also have about 10 more magazine pics, but most of them were either candybars or topside no footed cancans so I didn't post them up. Spike Jonze was always my favorite photographer because he got the sickest angles and made stuff look so good. I was always stoked when I got a shot from him.