Quantcast

Some people! (Ebay rant)

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
This is lame! This auction is for a pair of pink Chris King hubs, headset, and a T-shirt. The Chris King website says:

"In conjunction with this limited offer, King Cycle Group will be donating $1 from each pink headset sale to the Oregon and SW Washington affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. The Pink Headset donation program will continue through to December 31."

Somebody needs to :nuts: this seller! Is the profit from this grossly overpriced auction going to the foundation? Nope!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36143&item=7128209344&rd=1

:mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

Okay, rant over. I'm going to go have a beer and chill...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
is that the same guy that tried to sell the same stuff earlier (hubs, headset, t-shirt)? someone from England offered $1025.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Id rather buy a ringle hub and some pink spray paint, save 300 bucks and give that to the foundation.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Nothing wrong with what this guy is doing. The dollar already went to the foundation. If you must be mad at someone - be mad at Chris King for putting on such a stingy promotion ($1).

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
Ridemonkey said:
Nothing wrong with what this guy is doing. The dollar already went to the foundation. If you must be mad at someone - be mad at Chris King for putting on such a stingy promotion ($1).

Yah true that.

King stuff is hella expencive (not that its Inexpencive to make those parts)

But $1 per sale is cheap on their part, the cost of processing the donations on the side of the cancer socity probly exceeds that amount.

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Ridemonkey said:
Yeah, I suppose you're right. While it's nice that they are donating anything, $1 is pretty cheap... What set me off was the outrageous price... :rolleyes: