Quantcast

some people get it

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
that mod bike looks like it has a very long front end, no?

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
its a really long mod. the wheelbase on it is about 1045mm. the whole bike is long, the rear triangle is too long for my tastes and the front triangle is long as hell too. its basically a long bike in every direction. ian says hes looking into a bit shorter of a bike.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Thanks for posting that. I like trials riding a lot, and I appreciate the amount of skill and imagination it takes. That being said......I think the least interesting part of trials to me, is the mod bikes. Maybe it's because I ride mtb's, who knows. Obviously, I'm no trials purist cause I like new-school guys like Ryan Leech, but I just can't get into the mod bikes. They hop too much.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
i cant do that stuff. Im trying to hop forward, i can hop back pretty nicely, but cant go forward very far.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
that was not ian at his best. hes better than this vid shows, that was just him messing around for a few minutes one day. same with cam, that was a windy day doing average stuff for him.

if you dont like mod stuff i highly suggest you watch some top level competition footage. its REDICULOUS what the top guys are capable of doing. though i would tend to agree that mod is not the best to watch i would have to say that a good mod rider can keep me entertained just as well as anything else.