Mar 5, 2003
there should be a thread started of pictures of reversed reverse arches

my personal favorite is the one from ebay

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
splat said:
I'm think more , of you relize how easy it is to cut that cable ?
:stupid:

I didn't even notice the fork thing; I just thought you were commenting on the crappy lock. Around here that would have been stolen in <10mins. Last time I used a lock like the bike was stolen in less than 10 mins. Gave me an excuse to get my Blur, tho. :devil:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
druber said:
The sad thing is that is probably how the shop set it up.
I bet you it was a box-n-ship job, and "I don't need a shop to reassemble it".

I am guessing this is a college genius, hence the $2000 bike and the $5 cable-lock system. Also zero dirt on the bike (not that the person would survive riding with the fork turned backwards).

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
1.) I hope the bike is still there when he gets back. I wouldn't trust that with a U-lock, much less a little cable
2.) Um, yeah, I hope it's obvious by now. "hmm, strange that the dropouts are in the back, but I guess they knew what they were doing." -- Just wondering, how much does that actually weaken the design or effect the riding? I've never done that, so I really have no idea.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
kinghami3 said:
1.) I hope the bike is still there when he gets back. I wouldn't trust that with a U-lock, much less a little cable
2.) Um, yeah, I hope it's obvious by now. "hmm, strange that the dropouts are in the back, but I guess they knew what they were doing." -- Just wondering, how much does that actually weaken the design or effect the riding? I've never done that, so I really have no idea.

I would think worst case scenario is that if he pulled the front brake with all four fingers he is going over the bars. The tangential force would be directed down and since that force is in front of the axle...well you can see the potenial. I would think the dropouts would still perform relatively the same?!?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
kinghami3 said:
well because the rotor and wheel are moving forward, if he suddenly grabbed the front brake for whatever reason at a high speed there is a good chance that the front brake could get ripped off due to the forces being exerted on it. whether this is true or not i really am not sure but it does make sense from a physics standpoint.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Some people are idiots. "Well, the stickers are backwards, the crown is backwards, the dropouts are backwards, and the caliper is on the front of the fork, but I MUST be right because the arch is forwards!"

Outside magazine made this mistake in their buyers guide with a Blur and a Minute. It made me cry. I think Manitou should just put a little sticker on the top of the arch with an arrow pointing to the front. "This side forward".

Turd Ferguson

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Burbank
narlus said:
doesn't negate the fact that he's capable of such blunders:

Can't see the pic.

btw, it's nice to live in a country where you can openly slam the leader and not be chopped up into little pieces and fed to your family.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Turd Ferguson said:
Can't see the pic.
fixed to a URL; apparently that site doesn't allow offsite linking.

Turd Ferguson said:
btw, it's nice to live in a country where you can openly slam the leader and not be chopped up into little pieces and fed to your family.
i wouldn't have it any other way. btw, america's hardly alone in that category.

and i'm curious about yr "openly slam the leader" comment, when you couldn't see what i linked to. that behaviour is reminiscent of religious whack jobs who burn books/boycott movies they've never read or seen.

Turd Ferguson

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Burbank
:love:
narlus said:
fixed to a URL; apparently that site doesn't allow offsite linking.

i wouldn't have it any other way. btw, america's hardly alone in that category.

and i'm curious about yr "openly slam the leader" comment, when you couldn't see what i linked to. that behaviour is reminiscent of religious whack jobs who burn books/boycott movies they've never read or seen.

So typing:"doesn't negate the fact that he's capable of such blunders"
is not openly slamming him?
Tell me your point if I was wrong.

btw, religious wack jobs? Really?
Come on now, Jesus loves you just as much as "Dub-ya". :love:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Turd Ferguson said:
:love:

So typing:"doesn't negate the fact that he's capable of such blunders"
is not openly slamming him?
Tell me your point if I was wrong.
so you prefer yr leaders to be infallible, immune from ordinary human foibles? keep searching.

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
No way, they put decals on the back of the legs so you can see them while you're riding and never forget what kind of forks you have.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Turd Ferguson said:
Name a war that was not fought under false pretense.

from yr deflection of my earlier query, i suppose you do take more umbrage @ the stained dress incident than the current disaster ongoing in iraq?