Quantcast

Some Physical Therapy Exercises can be tough as hell!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
so I went today for my second true PT workout (my first session last week was more of an evaluation with some homework) of the week and man lemme tell ya - some of the simplest looking exercises are harder than hell!

I had to try and balance on a round block of wood with a smaller rounded bottom piece to work on balance and strength - that was a bitch! My knees were shaking and I couldn't keep that round block of wood level for the life of me. I think I got it level about three times but only for about a second or two each time. Tough!

Another exercise I had to do was thirty squats on top of this thing that was like a half an exercise ball. So it had a flat base and then a semi-circular and squishy top. That took doing squats (without any weight) to a whole new level.

My legs are pooped right now, but in a good way. :thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yeah when i was in OT (occupational therapy)with my broke ass arm they had me do some things that really wore me out. there was one exercise where i had to grab this handle on this machine and just turn the thing around in circles while the thing monitored my output of energy and whatnot. it was horizontal then they flipped it over to vertical. it killed my arm iwth almost no resistance on it.