Some pics and vid from the jam this weekend

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ

Joe

Greenhoe

Walter

Super fun time. Everyone was riding good. Trails were in amazing shape. Food on the grilles and some music in the air.

Vid: http://defconfour.com/movies/radiation_november_4_jam.wmv

Right click, save as. Watch for local John's attempt at the 2nd of the Tom Hanks. I think they were saying it's a 35 ft leap. Riders are Butter, Frank D, Alex, Greenhoe, Walter, & John. Might be a couple others I may have missed.

A few more pics on our page: http://www.defconfour.com/4word/index.asp

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
sb - not my trails but just down the road from my spot. They have a lot more stuff built and running. I've been riding w/ a lot of these guys for about 10 years. It's kinda like my secondary spot if things are slow are my place or I just want a change.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Good stuff Don, your buds have some nice trails. My legs twitched in pain with the leap at the end. Looked like a pretty hard hit.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Radness. Those look like some fun, flowy trails. I'm jealous of the dirt and trees you guys have around there. The dirt at our place kind of sucks. The first layer is full of super thick roots, then the next layer is full of rocks... but, once you get about 3 feet down, it's pretty good.

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
man, those look FUN...I'm heading to Lars' place in NJ next saturday (17th) any chance for a sunday jam??:busted:

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Radness. Those look like some fun, flowy trails. I'm jealous of the dirt and trees you guys have around there. The dirt at our place kind of sucks. The first layer is full of super thick roots, then the next layer is full of rocks... but, once you get about 3 feet down, it's pretty good.
Yea, the dirt around here is pretty good for the most part - just have to look as it can get sandy too. The trees are another really nice thing - both their spot and ours have some really nice ones - almost to a fault. The lighting can get tough w/ the shadows they throw depending on where the sun is but they give great cover (i.e. hide things well) and keep the temps down in the summer.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
funfun. doesn't get much better than grillin and riding in the woods
Nope, it really doesn't. BTW, I rode w/ Charlie at my spot a few weeks ago - hopefully he will get some time after the move settles to ride again. You'll have ot make a trip down to visit him and hit up some of our places :thumb:

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
man, those look FUN...I'm heading to Lars' place in NJ next saturday (17th) any chance for a sunday jam??:busted:
Seth.... damn, Usually I'm around too but I'm heading to FL until Monday otherwise I would say we could get something going on Sunday. Those guys are usually around on Sundays. Send me a PM - maybe I can get you something although I'm guessing you might be needing 2 days at Lars' he's probably got a LOT of stuff built at his place.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Nope, it really doesn't. BTW, I rode w/ Charlie at my spot a few weeks ago - hopefully he will get some time after the move settles to ride again. You'll have ot make a trip down to visit him and hit up some of our places :thumb:
no doubt

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
Seth.... damn, Usually I'm around too but I'm heading to FL until Monday otherwise I would say we could get something going on Sunday. Those guys are usually around on Sundays. Send me a PM - maybe I can get you something although I'm guessing you might be needing 2 days at Lars' he's probably got a LOT of stuff built at his place.
damn man that stinks, I'm sure we can hook something up in the spring then