Quantcast

some pics from my weekend ride in pisgah

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
so i rode for the first time in 15 weeks this weekend and mtb_rob_fl was there with some friends. nuff said here are some pics.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
now from left to right: me (breakfast of champions)
asa (non monkey)
mtb_rob_fl
mtb_rob_fl
fire
mtb_rob_fl
mtb_rob_fl
asa
me
me
burning log

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
she was not on the trip with us. there were several girls with asses however. :devil:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
only fished for about an hour and a half ended up catching 2 and calling it a day. size 24 grizzly colored midge. yum for the big fishy.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
oh just caney bottoms a couple of times. i love the second half of that trail but i love it even more if i can rip it full speed.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
zod said:
how's the arm biggins???
its gettin there still hurts to ride and my range of motion still sucks but whatever all in due time. if you look closely at my right arm in the pic of me riding there is a custom made riding brace that my therapist made for me.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, I saw it. It looks super nice. How have your jumps held up with over the last few months? Bet you can't wait to jump the Soul out there.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
profro said:
Yeah, I saw it. It looks super nice. How have your jumps held up with over the last few months? Bet you can't wait to jump the Soul out there.

unfortunately the jumps are gone. and i mean gone. they apparently needed some dirt for something and leveled the place. we might however start digging there again, we'll see. how are your jumps comin along.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I chilled on them once DH season began. I'll start up again after the National Championnships.

Too bad about your jumps, the big one was so sweet.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
profro said:
I chilled on them once DH season began. I'll start up again after the National Championnships.

Too bad about your jumps, the big one was so sweet.
yeah that jump floated you pretty nicely. the cool thing is that hopefully bigger and better things are on the way.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Nice pics Biggins. Thanks for showing us around. Just got back from 15 hours of driving from SnowShoe!!! What a trip

Where is the picture of Nikki sitting on the log?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Nice pics Biggins. Thanks for showing us around. Just got back from 15 hours of driving from SnowShoe!!! What a trip

Where is the picture of Nikki sitting on the log?

hehehe that is in the personal collection :devil:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Some more pictures from the next 2 days of riding in the Pisgah area....

From Bent Creek

me following my friend Scott down some stairs (Lower SideHill, I think)

and me falling over trying to climb back up and do it again

a fast berm section

Then a drop we were playing around on..

Then our friend Scott took us to a less ridden area of Pisgah, it was close to the Mt Mitchell area, but I forget the name of the town. Here is a waterfall off the fire road on the way up.

BearPen was the name of one of the trails, here is a pic of me hitting a small jump at the end.

and then a video of the same section
Right Click - Save as

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
word man, im gonna have to check that trail out soon.is it shuttleable?
Yep, actually in 2 sections, as in you can drop in at the top or section #2. The first requires a slight climb on a grassy road to the drop in. The second is right off the Forest Service road. I thought the second section was pretty steep....

Until I went to SnowShoe. :D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Yep, actually in 2 sections, as in you can drop in at the top or section #2. The first requires a slight climb on a grassy road to the drop in. The second is right off the Forest Service road. I thought the second section was pretty steep....

Until I went to SnowShoe. :D

hmmm, have you ridden windrock yet? cause that junk is steep. 1600 feet in 1.5 miles

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
hmmm, have you ridden windrock yet? cause that junk is steep. 1600 feet in 1.5 miles

Nope, maybe next year. SS wasn't really that bad, the only things I had problems with (steepness wise) were the drop-ins on A&B and a few spots on the Pro DH course.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i want to go there sooooooooooo bad and tear it up. too bad i got a mad case of the weak arm.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
profro said:
We now have 2480 feet of vert. Snowshoe can't touch that. ;)
I am sure Windrock is BadA$$, but SS has more than just vert to offer. DH is new to me and I am mainly a "trail" rider, but I had a great time. Between hitting the terrain side (2 times) then heading down the Western territory (longer DH, or DH to XCish trail) to catch the shuttle bus every hour you can get in A LOT of freaking gravity assisted riding in 1 day. Not to mention that everything (drinking, eating, bike shop, pool & hot tub) is within walking or biking distance from lodging in the village.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Lets see, after about 10 runs in 4 hrs we are totally exhausted, but I suppose you could get more runs.

Come on, we have the beer cooler (drinking), Windrock Snack Shack (eating), search the gravel parking lot and trails for parts (bike shop), and the creek (hot tub). :D

I know, Snowshoe and Windrock aren't the same. I JK, mostly with Biggins. Our trails are 100% full on DH trails and thats about it. Snowshoe is a resort and I'd love to spend a weekend there riding outside of the National. :)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
you dont need to joke with me. i remeber having so many puckered runs there before i just gave up for the day. im lame. however it would be fun if windrock had a stunt park.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
profro said:
We are working on that type of stuff over at the Bigfoot MTNx course.

cool. sounds like fun to me. any ideas for the type/size of things you are ging to try and build?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
yeah...you should be aware that being aware is the best way to stay aware of wariness. wear stuff because stuff wears out whereever you go....go where you can wear the least and ride like a weirwolf...word

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bizutch said:
yeah...you should be aware that being aware is the best way to stay aware of wariness. wear stuff because stuff wears out whereever you go....go where you can wear the least and ride like a weirwolf...word
somebody is stoned!