Quantcast

some pics from the Miramar air show (NOT Dialup friendly)

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
The Manziman

Blue Angels

Sweet

He's pretty damn low

And now the funny planes..

Cool flight simulator...

...and the sign next to it...hilarity ensues..

Cool line of planes..

Oh the government and their signs...

Harrier in mid-air...just..floatin'

ok, here's this cool team of dude who are like the blue angels. They fly these Checkoslovakian planes and do all these sweet stunts..

yea, it was a pretty rad day. friggen cold at night on the flight deck after like 6. I figure DH Tahoe will like these pics.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Cool pics! The Blue Angles used to come to my hometown every summer and for an airshow. The house I grew up in was right in the flight/landing path of the Naval Air Station where they came so we always got a really cool view.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Air shows are so cool!! On Friday, the Blue Angels flew over the building where I work. We're just south of the 52 on the 5. I assumed it was pre-show practice flying or something.

The sound and sensation as these planes come in and pass overhead is amazing. You hear a faint, distant rumble that in a split second is right upon you, loud and threatening and powerful. Your whole body seems to tremble as they pass. Then just as suddenly as the rumbling appeared, it fades to a distant hum and you see the contrails in the distance as the jets shoot straight up, screaming toward the clouds.

Amazing.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
sunny said:
Air shows are so cool!! On Friday, the Blue Angels flew over the building where I work. We're just south of the 52 on the 5. I assumed it was pre-show practice flying or something.

The sound and sensation as these planes come in and pass overhead is amazing. You hear a faint, distant rumble that in a split second is right upon you, loud and threatening and powerful. Your whole body seems to tremble as they pass. Then just as suddenly as the rumbling appeared, it fades to a distant hum and you see the contrails in the distance as 5 jets shoot straight up, screaming toward the clouds.

Amazing.
no dude, that was part of their show. The whole thing went fri-sun. Traffic was atrocious on the 15. It took us about an hour to get from Qualcomm stadium (where the Chargers play to Miramar Rd.)
But, yea, those F/A-18 Hornets are amazing.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
manziman said:
The Manziman

Cool line of planes..
dude...u just made me cry! i miss that place so much, such a killer place to be stationed.

we used to watch the show from our barracks, the blue angels would be less than 200' above them and it was absolutely amazing!

u can see one of our helo's in the background on this pic (ch-53E) ...well, the tail prop anyway. my hangar was the next one over to the left out of the picture.

thanks for the trip down memory lane!

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
heres some pics from a BA show I went to in RI this summer
It was cloudy and cruddy all day but when the 117s went up the clouds broke and the sun came out, it ruled

this one is my desktop

all done

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
sunny said:
men should only cry if something large falls on them.

;) (j/k - :D just causing trouble. nevermind.)
uh-oh....i'm going to have a complex now. :(

i cried when:

i saw "OLD YELLER", "ET", ALL THE NEW STAR WARS (TEARS OF PAIN)........

but let's keep that between you and me ;)