May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
As I was stuck in one of several traffic jams in VT, I took a pic of church

more traffic jams, so a pic for my friend DHG

# 787

View#1

View#2

30 sec gaps between starts, but a catch at the end of the sport/Beg Dh course

I missed tonyhawks & Mcrp01's race because I had to be somewhere else, but.........here's Mcrp01 on the podium!! (3rd place Beg DH)

are you too old old to race? Well, this dude won in his DH class (65 years old & up!)

here's why I missed seeing Tonyhawk/Mcrp01 race, I was called to the podium!: (I got 5th in Sport XC)

Yard Sale / Expert DH

Yard Sale / Expert DH

Yard Sale / Expert DH

Yard Sale / Expert DH

Yard Sale / Expert DH

Yard Sale / Expert DH

Start / Pro Female XC.

Pro Female XC.

Pro Female XC.

make the podium, get a pint glass........would have been better if it was a full pint glass :D

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Way to go, guys!

Doug, I just tried to PM you but I'm not sure it went through. It also appears that McGRP's PM box is full....newb...

So, if you didn't get my message, I did not get your PMs until today. I wrecked pretty hard in Thursday practice on the rocks up top on my 4th run. I bruised my knee and hand really badly along with cutting up my shoulder and arm and trashing my front wheel. I really have no idea what happened...just one of those "riding....riding...and that's the sound of my helmet bouncing on the rocks" crashes. I stayed with an ex-girlfriend and her family in Rochester, VT on Thursday and was planning to camp at Haystack the rest of the time. Well, I got up Fri and Sat and both times it was painful to walk and I could not bend my right middle finger at all (physically could not move it because of the swelling). So, without being able to pedal or hold the bars, I stayed in Rochester until this morning when I left to watch the rest of the races.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Thanks everyone............and damn jrogers, I hope you recover from your fall/injuries asap

While Tigg & I watched the expert DH, both his buddy and mine fell hard right in front of us.......I was suprised they could get even get back up, but they both finished there runs. My friend was brought to the medical area, looked like he needed a few stiches to his forehead.

rpk1988 said:
Good pictures, but they are a little blurry.

BigMike said:
... now let me give you a little lesson in this thing I call "focus" :D

please feel free to paypal me $200 each so I can replace my old (auto focus) camera - thanks

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Crap!!

Are XC results posted anywhere? I found out Saturday morning that my cousin raced...probably beginner category.
not yet

http://www.norbanationals.com/results/snow2005/

That was one tough XC course, had to be over 1000 ft of climbing, and no time to rest (except a 1/4 mile flat section around a pond), pretty much you were either climbing, or descending on really demanding technical singletrack.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Slamin job guys!!!!

BTW, the pics are blurry, but that’s because you are viewing it sober. Have a couple of beers and they clear RIGHT UP!!! :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Wow....thanks for all the kind words all!! What a great weekend! Got up there Friday morning and took a few practice runs. The Beginner/Sport DH course was perfect for me. Wide open up top with some nasty waterbars and then in and out of the woods a couple times. Some decent 3'-4' drops, off-camber exposed roots, small boulders....I :heart: 'd it!! :D Saturday morning I got in a few more practice runs and hiked a couple sections to find better/faster lines. Around noon I got up top for the race runs and just happened to get lined up right behind Tony Hawk. (Nice to meet you man!! :thumb: ) Had probably my smoothest run of the weekend during the race and managed to walk away in 3rd place. I'm happy with that. :) After my race Douglas and I hiked up to Yard Sale to watch the Expert Men race. (Props to Douglas for getting 5th in Sport Mens XC!!!) Pictures cannot describe the carnage that that section of the Expert/Pro course lays on the field. Many, MANY crashes...some severe. :( Unfortunately, I had to leave Sat. evening and didn't get to see the pros on Sunday. Can't wait for the next one....next Platty race is in 2 weeks!! :devil:

Here's a couple non-blurry pics...

My teammate Mike (on right) in the Expert DS Finals (he place 2nd)

Same guy at the top of Yard Sale

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
i havent been up there in quite a few years. i love runinng mount snow. the last time i was up there was probably 1998 or 99. we were riding the trails the weekend before the race and they were setting everything up. one of the dudes i was with was not much of a biker and he crashed and burned hard on teh first run only 30 yards from the top of the lift. as much as we warned him that this was not just a ride through the woods, he insisted on going with us. well to make a long story short, he had to walk down the hill with a busted wrist and sat on the picnic tables watching the NORBA guys set up shop.
i so wish i had a better bike and more time to get back into shape to race for real... :( oh well