Quantcast

Some pics of my favorite trail

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
This is one best trails in the whistler area not on the mountain. Technical with some decent stunts. My buddy and I walked it to take some pics. Here is the fruits of our labour. These are the more interesting stunts, not always the hardest.

This is the entrance to a funky stunt called Mikes GArage. You bike up anincline (there used to be a gap but most people couldn't make it so it has been connected) You bike through the tree turn right slightly and there is about a 2footer to another skinny where you then jump onto another skinny about 1 ft away and then roll off.

Attachments

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
This is an odd stunt. Skinny on top...roll off to skinny then you need speed to gap to the lastone. The top most part (with the SS on it) bows when you get on it...moving parts

Attachments

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Pass the Sugar....thats this approx 200 yard long turning and twisting log ride. Definately the most technical thing in there. At one point your tire is 8 ft off the ground (the first pic where you see the trail go under a log...the bottom of the log is 6ft up) Comes equipped with a teeter right on the skinny. The farthest point on the teeter is around 7 ft off the ground before it slams down onto the log.

Attachments

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Thats it. My camera was pissing me off and we only walked about half the trail. There are other bigger stunts (10 ft above a rapid on a log... for example) Enjoy. Sorry for the poor quality...but I really don't takepics often

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Thats "A river runs through it" isn't it? Such a sweet trail. Have you ever ridden gargamel?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
No this is an old trail with new stuff. I was not involved in anyway.

Thats "A river runs through it" isn't it? Such a sweet trail. Have you ever ridden gargamel?
YEs it is and no Ihaven't. Haven't had the time to make it up Cougar and am not a strong enough pedaller to go UP cougar to get to the trailhead.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Roasted said:
No this is an old trail with new stuff. I was not involved in anyway.

YEs it is and no Ihaven't. Haven't had the time to make it up Cougar and am not a strong enough pedaller to go UP cougar to get to the trailhead.
So uh theoretically speaking, if you were a strong enough pedaler, and you were pedaling up cougar, which way would you go at the fork in the road by the information/map kiosk? Just theoretically of course...........

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Its public knowledge ;)...not really a hidden trail.Call Evolution and ask. I don't know to be honest... as Ihaven't taken the time to go up :)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
slcpunk21 said:
Look at this, I found a picture of a BIG FOOT with human clothes on playing E.T.... notice his lit finger...
Man I make that stunt look tiny...that part is like 3 ft off the ground...and at its highest is....tall haha

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Roasted said:
Its public knowledge ;)...not really a hidden trail.Call Evolution and ask. I don't know to be honest... as Ihaven't taken the time to go up :)
Have I told you lately that I love you?

Gawdamn. And to think I spent hours riding around cougar looking for a place to camp...and then saw footage of gargamel the next day while sitting in a whistler condo...........

uhmercka sux

As soon as anything gets discovered by the forest service around here, tens to hundreds of live trees get cut down to cover it......all in the name of "conservation".

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Heeey..... I KNOW that Bigfoot! He traded me a MONSTER!! Which, by the way, is working like a frikin' Champ, now that I put some appropriate springs in it!

Further derailing Roasted's nice thread showing good reason to ride xc in Whistler, I have some parts for that wacky Boxxer fork of yours buddy! I think I'll be sneaking up there next weekend for Last Licks and Huckfest, maybe we can have that beer and I can give you the Blackbox upgrade thingy I promised you!

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
kidwoo said:
Have I told you lately that I love you?

Gawdamn. And to think I spent hours riding around cougar looking for a place to camp...and then saw footage of gargamel the next day while sitting in a whistler condo...........

uhmercka sux

As soon as anything gets discovered by the forest service around here, tens to hundreds of live trees get cut down to cover it......all in the name of "conservation".
No worries man. You will hit it...everyone should. Iplan to at some point. HEck I am not 100% it is on cougar. Thats just what someone told me when I asked (I asked like it was a secret) and they responded "dude just go ask evolution...its not hidden" ahahaha

WORCA has a very good relationship with themunicipality. Very rarely do trails get trashed. A whole bunch got destroyed a few years ago due to construction. In response the city gave permission to build more trails in a different part of town to make up for destroying the local trails :D

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Captain Crunch said:
Heeey..... I KNOW that Bigfoot! He traded me a MONSTER!! Which, by the way, is working like a frikin' Champ, now that I put some appropriate springs in it!

Further derailing Roasted's nice thread showing good reason to ride xc in Whistler, I have some parts for that wacky Boxxer fork of yours buddy! I think I'll be sneaking up there next weekend for Last Licks and Huckfest, maybe we can have that beer and I can give you the Blackbox upgrade thingy I promised you!
PM me or call me. We will hook up for the beers. I will be trying to take a couple of hours off to watch slopestyle :)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Roasted said:
No worries man. You will hit it...everyone should. Iplan to at some point. HEck I am not 100% it is on cougar. Thats just what someone told me when I asked (I asked like it was a secret) and they responded "dude just go ask evolution...its not hidden" ahahaha

WORCA has a very good relationship with themunicipality. Very rarely do trails get trashed. A whole bunch got destroyed a few years ago due to construction. In response the city gave permission to build more trails in a different part of town to make up for destroying the local trails :D
So did I ask you if you or a sister or something needs to marry an american? I think Zedro is getting annoyed by my constant proposals..........

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Hahahaha...I am almost married myself ;)...maybe I should start up an american marraige program like you guys have for the russians :D

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Captain Crunch said:

Just make sure you lock you bike up around his house.. rumor has it that things get stollen up there... ;)

Hey if you wanna stop in bham on your way up or back and have a few beers here too.. have at it! PM me, I'm always up for it.